Your Luggage a little too heavy?

Let Go ~ Hillsong Young &Free
   I surrender ~ Hillsong United &             Lauren Daigle

       So today I was blessed to listen to a life changing sermon about what we carry in our life luggage. The sermon was given by Pastor Wilson Bugembe, a pastor I admire and look up to here in my home country, Uganda💕.

      I am inspired to share what i received and I know someone else needs this message too. So with the notes I took and a little more in sight as the Holy Spirit leads me, I'll leave this over here and pray that you be blessed.

      First of all you have got to check, What is in your luggage? We tend to carry around a lot of things that weigh and slow us down. We carry around bitterness, frustration, hatred, un forgiveness, negative thoughts, negative people and hopelessness among other things.

     Bitterness, it poisons the person that carries it. The more you are bitter, the more you lose yourself. It can never amount to anything, throw it away.

      Frustration, this comes maybe because you have been praying for something but you see no results. Maybe you have been working, giving it your all but to no yields. Well, its about time you throw that out too. Yes you may pray and not see results but it doesn't mean God ain't working. He is never too late nor too early, He is simply always on time. Trust His timing.

      Hatred, you don't need that in your luggage. Like seriously, what are you going to do with hate? It's not like it can buy you anything. Let go of the hate, throw it away and keep God instead.

      Unforgiveness, well haven't we all held onto that! It is one of the hardest things to do and it becomes harder when you have to forgive someone who hasn't even apologized for wronging you. But then, whatever the circumstances it's always better to forgive than to hold a grudge. Because grudges only make you bitter. Ask God to give you the grace, patience and endurance to forgive those that have wronged you. Throw away the grudge, keep Jesus.

    Negative Thoughts, those do a number even on the best of us. The self doubt, self hate, low self worth, all that needs to go. Keep in mind the word of God, when negative thoughts taunt you, have the word of God on your tongue. Speak it, meditate upon it. "Confession is possession," it's a popular metaphor I love to use. It simply means that "you are what you say about yourself."
Confess the promises of God upon your life and you shall receive it. You are a victor, do not let any negative thought tell you otherwise.

     Negative People, man those ones have got to go! All they do is to suck out the joy and hope that you have. Do not let them anywhere near you, its not selfish nor mean. Even Jesus did it, so did Peter.

       "When Jesus entered the ruler's house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, he said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him.
After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up.
" ~ Matthew 9:23-25 NIV

        Jesus tells the crowd to leave the room and He stays with the girl. There are some miracles that can only happen when you are in the room alone with Jesus. Throw the negative people out, let Jesus in, shut the door and see the victory. For Jesus, the crowd needed to leave so that He wouldn't have to hear them say, "He can't raise her from the dead!". He needed the negative people out of the way, and so do you. That negative person in your life has to leave at some point if you are to prosper. They have to go so that you won't have to hear their negative prophecies. They have got to go so that you hear God's voice!

       "In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which, when translated, is Dorcas), who was always doing good and helping the poor.About that time she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upstairs room.Lydda was near Joppa; so when the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to him and urged him, "Please come at once!" Peter went with them, and when he arrived he was taken upstairs to the room. All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them.
Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, "Tabitha, get up." She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up.
He took her by the hand and helped her to her feet. Then he called the believers and the widows and presented her to them alive.
" ~ Acts 9:36-41 NIV

     For Peter to raise Dorcas from the dead, he had to block out the negative prophecies from the crowd. He did not need to hear, "who does he think he is? He can't do it!". He did not need negative feedback so he sent everyone else out of the room, shut the door and called Dorcas back to life. My darling, if you are going to resurrect certain things in your life, some people are going to have to leave the room!
If they are negative, they go! No buts, no compromise, this is a time of harvest. You want a big harvest, throw the negative people out!

     Hopelessness, if you have no hope, you have no faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. The word of God is to give us hope, now honey if you lose hope, you lose faith. They go together, hand in hand. Hope is what you see, what you want for yourself and the reality of receiving it. We tend to lose sight of that and so we lose our faith but Jesus is speaking to you today, right now that do not lose hope. Throw away the hopelessness and keep the word of God. For His plans are to give us a future that we hope for. Hold on to the hope, keep God.

       "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
" ~ Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

     Get rid of the unnecessary luggage, you only need to carry God. Throw away everything else, keep God, keep His word.

        "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
" ~ Joshua 1:8 NIV

                     Travel light.