God Is Everything

Everything ~ Ada Ehi

       Hey there, it is so good to be here writing this. I thought I'd never write another installment for this book but turns out, Holy had other plans. Yayy!

      Right now i just want to share with you about God. Yes, The Big Guy Upstairs. He exists and is very much looking for you, me and us.

    We are in trying times, very uncertain times as a friend of mine put it. And yes they are, we do not know anything, we are scared of everything ,  we are simply worrying about everything and everyone. Well, I hope I'm speaking for most of us cause I know I'm terrified as heck!

     Covid 19, I think now its covid 21? I have no idea but it is freaking everyone out. I have been personally blocking it out of my system (I mean the negativity,  fear, call it whatever you will) but hey, you can run but you can't hide. It finally got to me. So I have been antagonizing and worrying. I stopped going out, and guess what? The pandemic is still happening! Wow, you'd think that if we all worried and stressed it would go away. Shocker, it doesn't. Now do not get me wrong, it is in our nature to worry and stress , it is not a bad thing. But my point is, will worrying,  fear, and stress make it all better? NO! It does not, it actually gets worse. Believe me, the more we fear and worry, the worse it gets. I'm not being a trash talker or anything, I'm just saying what I have been through, if you do not agree, man share your secret with me!

      Long story short, i got an eye opener! I was listening to music and this song 'Everything'  by Ada Ehi a very talented gospel artist ( I love you Ada) came on. I have this song on my playlist and i have listened  and karaoked to it a number of times but this time, it stood out. It was like a bulb lit up in my head...haha yes a bulb lit up! The Holy Spirit opened my mind, heart and soul at this particular moment and I got a message from the song. Part of the lyrics is as below;

   "Way maker, You can never lose Your way.
    The truth and life, it's not possible for You to lie.
     Forever the same, You can never make a mistake.
     You are more than words can say, You are everything." ~ Everything, Ada Ehi

         As I let the words sink in, I realised that God is Above all. It does not matter what is happening, HE is forever the same and that means that HE can NEVER make a mistake. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, and He is everything in between all that. As I type this, it is quite surreal. How can we have God and not know where to run to? I mean, He says it Himself.

     "15“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast  and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
     16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."~ Isaiah 49:15-16 NIV

        He can never forget you, He has you engraved in the palm of His hands. You are His and He is yours.

    "‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’" ~ Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

         Call unto Him and He will answer you. It is a clear statement, no conditions, just call. It doesn't have to be fancy or punctuated. There is no wrong or right way to do it. You need only call out, and He will answer. Try it sometime, anytime.

    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

         He and Him alone knows the plans that He has for you and they are plans of good and mercy. Your identity, future and entire life are in Him. Do not let the stereotypes of this world tell you otherwise. Do not let the enemy talk you down, he has no power over you.

     There is plenty more where those words (scriptures) came from and the best part is that they are true. God is truth and He is life, can HE lie? HE has never lied and He never will. It is not His way, it is not in Him.

     In spite of all that is going on, God just wants us to know that He is for us, never against us. In the midst of the storm, call unto Him and He will surely answer. We have forgotten who we are, children of God, Born of God and whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world (1 John 5:4 NIV
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.)

     "13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people,
       14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." ~ 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 NIV

           If we, who God calls by His name turn from our wicked ways, humble ourselves and seek Him, He will surely hear our call and heal our land. His words, not mine, not theories stated by philosophers,NO. God's very own words, it is time that we take hid and listen. You,me, us and everyone, we are children of the Most High.

      You, me, us...we are called by God's name. Heirs and co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17  NIV
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.)

         The kingdom of God is for us and all that is in it. We only need to believe it, confess it and accept it.

      I know, it is not as easy as it sounds, i have been there but you know what? You actually do not have to go through with it alone! You have help, you only need to ask. God is saying,

     "Walk through it, with ME. Try again, with ME. Let Me do the hard part, only trust in ME, have faith in ME, follow ME."

     "Miracles happen where trying stops and trusting God begins." ~ Unknown

     Trusting God does not always mean that we are going to fly over the mountain, NO. It means that we are going to climb over the mountain and overcome it with God. It may not be easy but it will certainly come to pass.
God will see to it and we shall hold our peace (Exodus 14:14 NIV
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”.).

       I love the story of Jesus sleeping through a storm while on a boat with His disciples (Luke 8:22-25). It is quite enthusiastic, I mean, who sleeps through a storm on a boat! I know, right? But hey, our Saviour did. He said that we shall do greater things than He did,  so in my opinion, we can sleep through these storms and know that they will calm. For He calmed the storm and He left that power within us as He ascended to the Father.

    Note: Sleeping through the storm doesn't literally mean sleeping...it translates to having peace amidst the storm. We get this peace from praying and having faith that our prayers are heard and answered. So before you fall asleep in that boat, PRAY.

     Everything? God is our everything, He is our peace in the storm, our healing in sickness, our refuge in attack, our banner for He goes before us, our everything in everything.

Choose to trust In HIM, He won't ever let you down. In the midst of the chaos, know that you have a storm whisperer. One word, from Him, and things change on His Authority.

        "If God is all you have, then God is all you need." ~ Unknown

        "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"~ Romans 8:31 NIV

                        Peace Be Still