Lucky? No, 👉Grace!

A Million Little Miracles ~
                                                   Elevation
                                                  Worship &
                                            Maverick City      

      Hey there Lovelies! Its so refreshing being here with you once more, Jesus did it again! I woke up today, so did you. Ain't that something to be happy about? Well, it is and it should be. Thank you, Father.

     Anyhooooo, Today Holy wants to speak to you, yes you, about ...luck!
Yeah, that's what I thought too but Holy had His way like always so here we are!

     I used to believe in luck until now.
I have received countless miracles over the time of my life and I used to think it was luck, that I was lucky. Like wen I was born unconscious, not breathing but after a few minutes of a doctor and midwife struggling, I took my first breath and let out that cry that every mother hopes to hear at the end of labor. Hearing that tale from my Mom over the years, I thought I was simply lucky.

Or take those countless times that I got what I needed without even asking for it. The food on the table every single day, the clothes on my back since I was just hours old till now, the times it seemed like we would starve for the day but somehow, a little miracle so unexpected and undeserved came through for me, for my family.

     There are so many, so many to count so as Elevation Worship and Maverick City put it, I call them,  'a million little miracles '.

    Coming to know God as I do every single day, I now know that it was not luck, it has never been luck. Ask me why? Luck runs out! I can not be lucky for 23 years straight, it does not make any sense. Luck is limited, luck does not go all through, it stops somewhere. Hence, if it was ever luck that I had food every day and clothes on my back, I wouldn't be here today. If it was to be by luck that I survive an out of control truck, I highly doubt you would be reading these words today. Luck is just that, luck. And in my books, luck doesn't exist.

     It was God, it has always been my Father in Heaven. The food on the table every single day, the clothes on my back, me not drowning in that lake aged 8, me breathing again in that theater room after scaring the heck out of the medical team and my Mom, me walking home on the 15th of August, 2020 while another did not, me waking up every day alive and well and see the end of the day, me being here typing this , it has all been Grace. The unmatched Grace of our Father in Heaven.

    I do not know if that makes sense but I hope it does, it should. Because other than Grace, there's no other explanation.

                             ***

    This has been lying in my draft box for a while now, it was completed or so i thought but i guess Holy had other plans. So yeah, I'm slorting this in too.

     Today.....I got lucky again. Well that is if you believe in Luck. As for me, I Don't so yeah, Grace caught me again.

    Just a few hours ago I was involved in a car accident with my big brother. We were on our way back home from dropping off our niece to school when it happened. Everything was fine until it was not, one moment the drive is all fine and then all of a sudden the car started swerving from side to side, I couldn't tell what was really happening, just heard my brother yell as he tried so hard to keep the car steady. All I could see was us spinning, everything was spinning and in the next moment, we crashed.

    The truth of the matter is that I am only here writing this because God intervened. My brother is alive and well because The Living God caught us. We were taken out of the car wreck conscious, with minor bruises and mild body trauma. Something that everyone at the scene was shocked to witness, they expected worse and by all facts, it should have been worse but it wasn't because...God.

     The co-driver's side where I was seated took a great hit, so much so that the wind shield glass shuttered in ward. Everything I was holding, my purse, phones it flew out into the road, I didn't have my seatbelt on, I could have flown out with my purse, maybe I should have, but I didn't. Not because I was lucky, NO. The shuttered glass didn't even prick me yet it rained glass over me. I got out with not a single cut.

  I find myself wondering how it happened and I have no explanation except,....God.

    My brother's head hit the steering wheel really hard. His right eye took most of the hit but He is getting better by the day.

      I am not bragging, I don't have the right. But i am testifying of God's goodness and mercy. If it were not for Him, I wouldn't be here typing this, my brother wouldn't be at his place lying in his couch or bed as I imagine he is now.

     We did not deserve such mercy, such grace. So many people get car or motor accidents and they lose their lives, some break bones, some lose limbs and are maimed for life but Solomon and  I made it home that day, we literally walked back home in one piece, our family got to see us alive, our friends got to hear from us one more time. We didn't deserve it, we did not earn it but because of Grace, because there was a Greater Force fighting for us, we did.

      God is faithful and merciful in all HIS ways. I can only thank Him for this gift of life to me, my brother and our family. So many miracles, so many I cannot count. So much HE has done, so much HE is still doing and yet so much more HE will do.

         "The enemy boasted,
    ‘I will pursue, I will overtake them.
I will divide the spoils;
    I will gorge myself on them.
I will draw my sword
    and my hand will destroy them.’

  But you blew with your breath,
    and the sea covered them.
They sank like lead
    in the mighty waters.

Who among the gods
    is like you, Lord?
Who is like you—
    majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
    working wonders?" ~ Exodus 15:9-11 NIV

       "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”" ~ Exodus 14:14 NIV