Chapter Sixteen

Who's you guys' fav so far? 

Chapter Sixteen

The strangest thing about waking up beside Malachi was the fact that he always slept longer than me. I thought I'd get used to it but each time I woke up to him breathing heavily, deep in sleep beside me I felt unsettled. Waking up next to Dane, on a good day, meant having my forehead stroked whilst he softly wished me a good morning. If he ever woke me up he always did it softly, he said that it was hard for him to do it because I looked so peaceful and he cherished sleep more than anybody. On the best days which were usually the weekends, waking up beside Dane meant that breakfast was already made and he was already energised from his morning run and was ready to talk to me straight away. Granted, half the things he said didn't really register straight away but I loved it. Waking up beside Malachi meant that all I heard was his light snoring and occasional mumbles seeing as he was a bit of a sleep-talker. It wasn't the worst, it was definitely better than waking up to the sound of my alarm but it still felt a bit lonely.

He didn't sleep for ages. I usually woke up naturally at around 6:45 and he woke up closer to 7:15 so in reality, it was only a thirty minute window of me being awake but it still felt weird. Usually, I just scrolled through all my social media but on that morning I just watched him. After meeting Julian, it was clear that I had a type and although Malachi didn't fit that type physically, I was still wildly attracted to him. If tall, dark and handsome was a person it would be Malachi. Without sounding too cliche, his best feature was arguably his skin. I still couldn't comprehend how even and soft it was. Looking at his skin had the same affect on me as looking up at a clear blue sky on a summers day. It was calming but strangely hypnotising and admittedly, that morning I found myself envying how perfect it was. When his eyes fluttered open, I didn't bother looking away.

"Were you watching me sleep? You fucking creep," he mumbled with a grin.

"Good morning to you too," I replied. "You were cute until you opened your mouth."

He scoffed sleepily. "Oh really? Because from what I remember, you quite liked my mouth last night."

"Must you make everything sexual?" I asked rolling my eyes.

He chuckled then, as he routinely did, raised up his arms for a long, wide stretch. "I'm fucking starving."

"There's charcoaled pizza in the oven," I replied dryly.

"Don't you wanna flex your wifey skills and make us a breakfast?" He teased poking me in the side.

"I would but actually my maid outfit is at the dry cleaners? So I'm off duty today."

"Do you have a maid outfit?"

I stared at him blankly. "Are you joking?"

"If I got you one, would you wear it? You have to be serious about it though," he replied casually. "Although, I actually prefer sexy nurse or policewoman but if you would like to be Molly the Maid, I will not object."

I snorted. "I'm not playing fucking dress up! I'm sorry."

He rolled his eyes at me. "You haven't even tried it and you're already bashing it."

"You expect me to role play? As your maid? How am I supposed to take you seriously?" I continued laughing.

"It's easy if you put your mind to it."

I tried to contain my laughter whilst he stared at me with raised eyebrows. He was definitely judging my immaturity.

"OK, OK," I said once I had gotten my giggles under control. "I'm sorry, I'm just not as experienced as you."