Chapter Six

heey guys sorry about the delay - ive been suuuuper busy but enjoy!! dont forget to comment you guys know i love reading them lol

Chapter Six

Dane paced around the living room. He had only left the room for five minutes and in that time too had been pacing around the room in anger. I hadn't started crying yet, but knowing me it would surely come. How could he had done this to me? After everything we had been through, how could he do it again? My heart was beating so fast that I could hardly think but suddenly everything began to make sense. His irritability, massive mood swings, staying out late, ignoring me...it all made sense and in a strange way, it calmed me down. Everything was clear.

"We need to talk about this," he said bursting into the room. I glared at him. "I know it looks bad, I get that, but I didn't do anything with Sian."

"Other than pick up your drug habit again?" I asked flatly.

He breathed in. "You were right. The last time I was with her she opened up and told me about how she felt towards me and I told her that I loved you and I was happy with our relationship, read it!"

"I told you about her months ago and you didn't listen because you always want to be so dismissive towards me," I replied in the same tone.

"What was I supposed to do? I work with her! I see her everyday, I didn't want to make things awkward!"

"You were supposed to do better! Had you have set clear boundaries it never would've gotten to that stage! Who gassed her up enough to make her have the audacity to ask you to 'think about it'?! You let it get to this stage because you can't keep your fucking nose clean! What did she do? Dangle a baggy over your head so you could follow her back to hers?!" I said with sarcasm dripping off my tongue.

"Alex," he said softly with his voice breaking.

"You're fucking pathetic," I said plainly as he looked at me hurt. "Asking me for a baby and yet you can't even control yourself? I'm not marrying a drug addict!"

"I'm not an addict!"

"You were supposed to be two years sober next week," I scoffed.

He didn't reply. Instead he just looked away and bowed his head. I was sick and tired of being the weak one who always conceded whenever we had an argument, he had to hear how I felt and if he couldn't hear then he needed to feel.

"Okay! I had a relapse but that doesn't take away from who I am," he replied not sounding too sure of himself.

"You don't even see the problem. Okay yes you had a relapse but when you were at your lowest point it was me who had to come in and pick up the pieces! It's the same. Old. Fucking. Shit! You go out and you live your life and in the end it's me who has to deal with it! When shit goes down it's not going to be Sian backing you it's going to be me, your fiancé! The person you should have told!"

"I didn't want to let you down," he pleaded in desperation.

I scoffed. "Well you fucking failed."

He ran his hands through his wet hair and turned away from me. "So what now?" he asked not looking at me.

"I'm not doing this again, figure it out on your own this time."

When he turned around, his eyes were wide and filled with tears. "What do you mean?"

"I got offered a secondment at work today in Wilmington." I said feeling myself begin to cry. "I'm going back home and we're having a break, I don't know if I can go through this shit again."