Thirty-Nine

Lyra took a shower once she got home. She scrubbed her skin. She feared her mother would be able to smell that she was no longer a virgin. She was shaking in her skin.

The next morning she woke up rather late. Not even her house-elf could wake her. Poor thing would possibly punish herself for failing to alert the heiress. Lyra was just so exhausted and her core felt sort of sore in a way she never felt before.

She eventually woke up naturally. She stared at her ceiling, thinking about the night before. She had so much fun with him. She wished to lay in his arms forever. To never have to leave him.

She finally got out of bed and put on a simple black blouse with a jeweled collar. She finished the look with a tweed skirt. She felt a little discomfort when she walked, nothing a pain potion couldn't solve. She realized she had to ask her mother for one. Oh no. This could be awkward.

She made it to lunch. When she entered Bellatrix and Narcissa were having a heated argument over whispers. They stopped when they heard her enter.

"There you are." Her mother put a smile on her face as if Voldemort wasn't in their home. "You slept in late."

Lyra glanced at Bellatrix who have her a knowing look. "Yes, I guess I was quite exhausted. Is everything alright?" She wanted to be told the truth. "Where's Draco?"

"He's resting." Narcissa replied curtly. "I planned a big dinner. You are going to be served of all your favorites, along with dessert. I wish your father was here. But though he isn't here, doesn't mean he hadn't planned a gift for you. Unfortunately he was under the notion that you would be soon to be married-"

"Spit it out, Cissy." Bellatrix injected like a mean big sister.

"You'll be given some Malfoy and Black heirlooms." Her mother gave her a soft smile. "I know your grandmother Black would want you to have it. I have them in my study. You'll eat and then we can go. I am sorry this isn't going to be a big party. But perhaps you can go out tonight with your friends." Her mother was trying to make up for something, and Lyra sadly knew what. Voldemort was in their house and with his presence, her birthday wasn't very important. "Come, come," Her mother grabbed her hand and led her to the table where they had paninis and drank tea. Lyra tried not to wince.

"Mother," Lyra called mid-meal. She could see her mother's nerves by howher hands shook as she grabbed her teacup.

"Yes, darling?"

"He's here, isn't he?"

She froze and her smile dropped. But Bellatrix was giddy. "Yes!" Her Aunt squealed. "He's staying in the opposite wing. He'll be joining us for your birthday supper."

Lyra forced a smile. "And why can't Draco join us for lunch?"

"The Dark Lord requested he take the mark. Such great news. He'll need a day or week to recover. But it's such an honor, he was happy to take the mark, he's the man of the house now."

"H-He's just a boy." Lyra forced from her mouth. "He isn't yet sixteen."

"But he will be soon. You sound just like your mother." Bellatrix scoffed.

"Can I have a pain potion, mother. It's for me." Lyra spoke up. "Maybe two. I've started bleeding and it's quite painful." She gripped her stomach and showed a twinge of pain.

Narcissa could read right through that lie. But she didn't bat an eye. "Of course. I need you feeling perfect today."

After lunch, Lyra joined her mother in her study. It was messier than it normally was and there were tissues filling the rubbish bin. She ignored it and sat down in front of her desk. Her mother went to a drawer and pulled out a black box. Lyra watched closely as her mother opened it, slowing showing the most beautiful necklace she had ever seen. The necklace was comprised of two strings of diamonds and emerald gems with larger square cut emerald gems ever so often. They were also encrusted with numerous diamonds. There were emerald gems hanging off the square cut gems like tear drops. It all dripped with luxury.