Three

The dark mark news was all Lyra heard about when the next day rolled around. She cringed to think the dark lord would be back. What would happen to her? To everyone?

But she wasn't told anything, not by her parents, her mother told her not to be concerned, that everything would be alright. So she believed them.

She was soon to start her fifth year at Hogwarts, the thought made her stomach twist with excitement and nerves. Draco boosted about the game and bragged about being seated by the Minister of magic. Lyra rolled her eyes at her obnoxious little brother. A pest was all he was.

Her father started praising her for becoming a prefect, a rare thing. She politely thanked him. When it was time to go back to school, Lucius went to the ministry, possibly to clear the family name.

When the Malfoy children reached the platform with their mother, they were given the nicest goodbye their mother could do.

Lyra glanced around the platform as their mother was saying goodbye to Draco. She noticed Mrs. Weasley with the long string of children, including Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Lyra admired her studious nature, but that made their parents pressure them to be better than a muggle-born. Even Lyra was reprimanded by her father, not just Draco. It wasn't fair.

Lyra locked eyes eyes with George Weasley, the tallest out of the twins, and the kinder- at least to her. She could tell them apart because Fred had a childhood scar above his eyebrow. George had slantier eyes and a longer nose. He also had a mole on the side of his neck.

The year prior, the twins tried to turn another Slytherin's nose into a pig nose. But they struck her instead, causing her to cry. All the Gryffindors laughed, some still call her pigface. She was always insecure of her perky nose and they didn't help any. They got detention for what they did but George found her in the library and personally apologized for Fred hitting her with the charm. She forgave him and his twin as it was her nature to forgive when many readily forgave her behavior.

To try and make her feel better, George told her she was his favorite Malfoy. That made her giggle, which seemed to make him relax. They weren't friends, far from it. But they were... Friendly as they had mutual friends. Lyra gave him a weak smile, he didn't really return it but quickly looked at his brother Ron to tease him along with Fred who was the first to instigate.

Lyra felt her cheeks turn bright red and she faced her mother. Narcissa was standing tall. "Be good, Lyra. Focus on your OWLs." Her mother ordered.

"Yes, Mother. Of course." Lyra replied softly.

Narcissa gave her a weak smile before pulling her into a hug and kissing the side of her head. "No boys, Lyra."

"No, Boys." She giggled.

"Get going, you both don't want to be late. I'll send you sweets and updates from us at home." Narcissa rambled as her children got ready to board the train.

Draco seemed more embarrassed than Lyra by their mother's behavior, but everything was said in an authoritarian voice, it was a soft tone to the two Malfoy children.

"Potter," Draco growled at Harry Potter as they boarded the train, Lyra rolled her eyes at her brother. He just couldn't help himself.

Lyra went to the front of the train to the Prefect train compartment. She didn't really know the others prefect.

Lyra wasn't keen on talking to the other prefects. She started revisioning charms and herbology. It was an awkward train ride.

When they arrived to Hogwarts she happily got ready to execute her responsibilities. She wore her pin proudly on her robes. She looked among the crowd as she found her things.