Twenty-Eight (Explicit)

Lyra hadn't heard a word from her Aunt. She had anticipated it, but nothing came back. She felt perhaps Andromeda didn't believe her.

It was a month later and there was a love buzz in the air. It would be the first Valentine's day that Lyra would have a date... Or a secret date. Would they go out on a date?

Either way she asked her mother to buy a custom snow globe, one with a silver butterfly and magpie fluttering with each other on the crystal globe while enchanted snow rained down. She got it a week before Valentine's day and had it in a box under her bed. She was excited to give it to him. She hoped he liked it.

She caught Fred snogging Angelina at the Gryffindor table, making her cringe with disgust. She was happy George wasn't super affectionate. Quality time was their love language after all.

Lyra sat down at the Slytherin table and started to eat breakfast when a Valentine's card landed near her plate. She perked up excitedly. She looked around and saw George looking at her with a smug smirk. Her friends looked at her eagerly as well.

Lyra opened it nervously. She didn't expect a bunch of pink and red fireworks to go off in shapes of a heart. She bit her lip as everyone was looking at her now.

When the sparks died down, everyone murmured around it. George seemed very pleased with himself. She loved it. She thought that was all and she was quite pleased but there was writing.

Lyra,

You, me, during supper in the astronomy tower. Wear warm clothes. See you there.

George xx

She looked up at him and gave him a slight nod. She looked over at Draco who seemed to be in protective brother mode, taunting his friends, asking if they did it.

"Who sent you it?" Draco asked her roughly.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Didn't say, just that I was pretty."

"This must be some kind of joke." Penelope Parkinson spoke up with a taunting laugh.

"You? Pretty?" Zoe laughed.

"Did you get one?" Lyra questioned. Their faces burned bright red, no they didn't. She gave them a soft smile. "There's always next year."

"I'm telling you, she sent it to herself." She heard Zoe mutter.

Lyra met up with Katie and Alicia in the Gryffindor common room. They were gushing in the corner over the exchange.

"George came back for weeks with singed hair, I guess he was making you that card. Who knew he was such a romantic." Katie smiled. She looked over her shoulder to see George looking over with a pleased smile, making Lyra blush.

"I can't wait for tonight!" She squealed. "Oh no, what if he wants to go farther than kissing?" She hissed lowly.

"It's George, he wouldn't push you into anything." Alicia injected. "You know that by now. You've done nothing for months other than kiss."

She forced a smile and nodded her head. She was just being silly. George hadn't been anything less than great.

Lyra was growing excited and impatient. At lunch she wished for it to end quicker. She just wanted to be with George. They hadn't been able to interact as much as she had hoped. Draco and Pansy seemed so cozy with each other, he kept whispering in her ear, making her blush. It made Lyra sick to her stomach.

What she hadn't noticed was Terrence Higgs, he had been keeping an eye on Lyra. He was upset to find someone had beaten him to it, and she was given such a great card. He knew he had to up his game.