Sixty-Six

Lyra had a warm cup of hot chocolate in her favorite mug. She sat on the Moroccan rug while George organized the limited gifts they got each other under the Christmas tree.

The two of them decorating the tree was chaotic fun. Lyra wanted silver decorations and George wanted golden ones. They decided to separate the tree in two sections for them to decorate the tree. It looked like an eye sore but it was theirs.

"Here you are, my love." George handed her a medium size box. Definitely a box that could contain a bundle of knickers.

Lyra handed off a sort of small present to Georgie. She wore a sheepish smile at the exchange. He nodded his head for her to open her's first.

She tore the Christmas wrapping paper to show a black cardboard box. She took off the top and found twine holding a stack of underwear. She let out a small laugh. And undid the twine to look at each pair, George was smart to get her bikini cut.

"I wrote Ginny," He rubbed the back of his neck with embarrassment. "Shut it," he snipped when she laughed.

"Thank you so much! I love them!" She got a pair with little flowers all over them. Another were completely light blue and another purple. It was perfect. Even had a black thong that was basic. She leaned over to kiss his lips. "Thank you for the present, my love. Your turn now!"

George nervously tore into the paper and lifted the box top to find the socks she made. "Did you get mum to make these?"

She shook her head. "Nope, I made them! All by myself with little help from your mum."

He seemed very impressed. He looked down to see more. "Harp, what else did you make?"

"I had left over yarn, so I knitted you a matching scarf!"

He pulled it out of the box and wrapped it around his neck. "I love it!" He gave her a chaste kiss on the lips. He quickly put on the socks on his feet. He wiggled his toes proudly. "Fits like a glove."

"Did you drop off your mum and dad's present?" She asked quickly.

"Yes, what did you get them anyways?"

"A famed photo of us on our wedding day. I hope your mother cries when she sees it!" Lyra squealed excitedly.

"I think she will." George laughed.

"Let's see what we have from the Weasley clan." Lyra grabbed the box and opened it to a tin of biscuits that smelled fresh and pair of sweaters that said "Mr." And "Mrs."

"Oh, mum." George mumbled. "Bless her."

"There's more," Lyra pulled out a tiny sweater and bit her lip when George's face turned bright pink. There was a card attacked to it. Lyra unraveled the parchment. "This is for the future! Not for any ideas any time soon!" She started to giggle. "She put a lot of exclamation points."

"That's mum," he sighed. "Lee got me a present."

"Not me?"

"He got me rolled joints." George said opening the tin. "Want to share one? You've never smoked with me! Come on it'll be fun!"

"No! I am not doing that, George Weasley!" She hissed. "Forget about it."

"At least have a puff-" she gave him a stern glare that made him throw his hand up in surrender. "Got it, okay, okay."

"I got you something else!" Lyra conjured a small box from her house robes.

"Lyra!" He grabbed it reluctantly.

"Just open it!" He does so and pulls out a pair of mittens. "Okay, now I ran out of yarn."

They shared a laugh and cleaned up the living room and George made them a wonderful Christmas dinner with chocolate chip pancakes. They sat at the dining room table eating in moans more than silence. They communicate through murmurs more than words.