Chapter 3: Discovery

AN: Haha, I'm back again because my sister request that I finish this chapter ASAP-

Girl, don't you get that I have school? Shout out to OliviaEm26! Go give her a follow!

And with that being said, that's dive into this story!

Percy stood outside the border of Alaska, stopping for a second before taking a deep breath, stepping into the land beyond the gods. He instantly felt his power draining inside of him as he wrapped his cloak around him tighter as he looked around, cursing under his breath. He hadn't thought about the fact that Alaska barely had any civilization and it'll probably take a pretty long walk to get to one. 

He was lucky that he arrived near the border in a few weeks, finding civilization in the middle of the Alaska winter with the food, the money, and no proper winter gear will probably take a month, maybe more, and that's if he's lucky enough. 

With his luck, he'll die before the next day arrived.

Percy sighed to himself as he started walking through the endless group cover in snow. But yet, the fates seem to be cutting him some sake today as he saw light in front of him. Without a second thought, he started walking toward there, tired beyond belief. 

He walked into the small town, ignoring all of the weird looks send his way as he looked around, his eyes spotting a hotel as he quickly walked toward there, pulling a hood on his face, looking at the ground, trying not to draw any attention to himself. 

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked as Percy quickly reached into his pocket, finding that there's still some money to offroad a small room. 

"Can I have a room?"

"How many nights?" The woman asked again as Percy thought to himself before replying again.

"Just three nights," Percy said as he fished out some cash and paying the woman who leads him to a room on the first floor.

"Enjoy your stay!"

Percy forced a smile on his face as he quickly locked the door behind him and collapsed on the bed, not even bothering to change his clothes if he had any in his bed, falling asleep instantly. 

/

Percy sat at his desk in the front of the classroom, glad that the day was finally over. For his first year in Alaska, he had been moving around to find a bigger city where he can get a job that could offroad for his life. In the end, he got no choice but to try to be a teacher, since there are barely any of them in Alaska.

At least he's teaching a topic he knows well, marine biology, or at least kind of know well. It gets him enough money to survive and he's not going to risk changing his job. At least if he gets attack by a monster here and is forced to move, his teaching license and experience can always get him another job. 

He finally closed his bag and walked out of the classroom, closing the light behind him as he locked the door, going toward his car. 

He drove home slowly, his mind thinking about how normal his life now feel compare to his demigod life. He tried not to think too much about it but sometimes the memories he tried to hide will appear again. 

When he finally got to his house, there was a frown on his face. He looked around, realizing a covered up footprint was in the snow. His hand instantly moved toward his pocket, where he still keeps Rapitde. You can never be too careful. 

When he slowly opened the door, he found a surprising sight in his living room. 

Athena was sitting on his sofa casually, switching the channel on the television and drinking hot chocolate as if this is her house. Percy frozed in his track, Riptide, now a sword, was in his hands as he slowly approached her.