Chapter 1: Heartbreaks

Percy had a huge smile on his face as he walked back into camp, a small box in his jean's back pocket. It'll be perfect, he thought to himself as he walked through camp, one thing immediately caught his eyes. How everyone is giving him a look of hatred, anger, and furry. He frowned as he continued to walk toward his cabin, only to be blocked by Tom Wilson, his half brother for half the year now.

"And where do you think you're going, traitor?" Tom spat in his face, causing Percy's smile to disappear, changed into one of confusion.

"And... uh... how did traitor become a word someone use to describe me?" Percy couldn't help but asked confusingly, what did he did wrong?

"Since you left, brother," Tom spat the word 'brother' as if it's the worst insult in history. Percy glared at Tom as he pushes him out of the way easily.

"I don't know who's responsible for this lie but I'm not going to be part of it, now if you'll excuse me, I have something I need to do."

Percy shut the door behind him as he quickly locked in behind him, not caring that Tom is his own half brother. He needed time to process everything he just heard. From the looks the other campers are giving him to the words Tom said to him makes him wanted to find Annabeth quickly and ask her what in the world is happening at camp. In a matter of a month, it seems like camp had turned upside down.

"Traitor..." Percy muttered to himself as he took out the ring box from his back jeans pocket, staring at it with a small smile on his face. "Maybe I should ask Annabeth..."

He peaked out the window of the Poseidon cabin, realizing there's no one out before quickly making his way toward the beach, feeling like he's sneaking around in the enemy's camp ground instead of his own home. He sighed inwardly, vowing the he will get to the bottom of this, whatever this is.

"Annabeth!" Percy called out when he saw her on the beach, only to be met with silence. Her blonde hair was in it's usual ponytail, her grey eyes holds on emotions and she seems to be staring into space. Percy frowned as he slide down next to her, hugging her softly. "Are you okay?"

"Percy!" She turned around in surprise as she found herself being kissed by her boyfriend. A small smile was on her face as she hugged him tightly after they pull away. "Oh my gosh, I missed you so much. Camp becomes crazy, I don't even know what's happening anymore!"

"What do you mean?" Percy frowned at her word as Annabeth laid her head on his shoulder, her eyes closed slightly as she started talking softly.

"Well, after you left, Tom thinks it's his job to take over. I don't know why the rest of the seven are following his every command like a robot, I really don't. And you know how much I hated it to not know something. But it started one night after a party Tom hosted with the Aphrodite cabin. They started ignoring me like I'm made of air or if I'm invisible. I honestly don't know what to do anymore."

Percy hugged her tightly as she trembled slightly, her eyes a bit glassy as she wiped away a tear that escaped. "I know something that'll make you better."

"You do?" Annabeth asked as she gasped in surprise when Percy went down on one knees, a ring box in his hand.

"Annabeth Chase, the most wonderful woman I have ever met. We'd been through so much together and I know no matter what, we can push through whatever is coming our way if we're together. Will you do the honor of being my wife?"

"Yes! Yes! A hundred times yes!" Annabeth wrapped her arms tightly around Percy's neck as he kissed him and he put a ring on her finger, the word Together forever curved on the inside of the ring. "I love you so much Seaweed Brain. Thanks for staying with me."

"And thank you for being an awesome girlfriend," Percy grins and kisses her cheek, making Annabeth blushed lightly. "Come on! We need to tell my mom the news!"

"Shouldn't you see Chiron first so he knows you didn't die on the quest?" Annabeth raised her eyebrow as Percy pouted slightly.

"It's fine, we will be back before night with Blackjack."

Annabeth laughed slightly as she followed her boyfriend- no fiance to the stable, where Blackjack was eating sugar, earning a disappointed look from Percy.

Sorry Boss, couldn't resist.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Boss?" Percy crossed his arms as he started leading Blackjack out of the stable who didn't complain, not even when Percy climbed on top of him with Annabeth following his trail.

Blackjack took off soon after as Percy wrapped his arms around Annabeth, who was sitting in front of him.

Where to, Boss?

Percy groaned inwardly. "To my mom's house."

Do I get to have Blue Cookies?

"No Blackjack! And that is final!"

"What does he wants now?" Annabeth asked softly as Percy quieted down. Percy sighed as his mother's apartment soon came into view.

"Blue cookies."

"He knows that horse can't eat cookies, right?"

"Apparently not..." Percy grumbled as something tingle in the back of his mind, thinking that something is wrong. "Why did you stop?"

"He won't go any further because of that," Annabeth pointed at the fireman and police, smoke coming out of his mother's building. How come he didn't see that? "This is as far he will go."

"And when did you speak horse?" Percy raised his eyebrow as Annabeth rolled her eyes but didn't replies, jumping off Blackjack instead.

"No people are allow here kids," a policeman shouted at them as they saw them trying to go in. Percy looked panicked but Annabeth put a hand on his arms.

"My mother and step father is in there!" Percy exclaimed as the police man soften up.

"Which apartment were they in?"

"1135," Annabeth replied when she found Percy frozen on the spot, looking around for his parents. But there was no sign of them.

"I'm sorry, none of them make it out," the police officer said sadly as he moved away from them while Percy crumbled to the ground, Annabeth hugging him tightly, rubbing his back.

"They'll be forever remembered, Perce."

"WHY?"Percy cried softly as he cling to Annabeth. "Why them of all people? What have I ever done to the fates to make them hate me so much?"

"I don't know Percy, I don't know-" She was suddenly cut off when she found herself being pulled away from Percy a strong arm holding her in place as she thrust and kick, trying to fight her way out of the tight grip of someone as she found herself being blind folded.

Percy found himself put in chain as someone pulled him to his feet, blindfolding him as well. He closed his eyes, preparing for the worst when a bright light surrounded the group of four, and they appeared in some unknown place.

Must be an immortal, both Annabeth and Percy thought to themselves as the blindfold was removed from their eyes. Percy looked around, finding himself on Olympus with Annabeth next to him. Zeus was glaring angrily at Percy as he looked toward Annabeth, wondering what's happening. But she had a horror expression on her face as her eyes blinked a bit, staring at Zeus.

"Why are we here?" Percy finally asked, tired of all the glares he's receiving. Even his father was glaring at him like he's the worst mistake he ever made, which hurt a lot.

"You, Perseus Jackson, are charged with aiding Kronos and Gaea in the wars, what do you pled in your defense?"

Percy stared at Zeus like he just lost his mind. Aiding Kronos and Gaea? What kind of nonsense is that?