Chapter 3: Who is Ally?

Percy's POV (3 years later)

It has been 3 years since I left for Alaska. I somehow got a Ph.D. and am now a professor in an Alaska University, teaching Marine Biology.

Today was just a normal Saturday, I woke up and cooked breakfast. I am now 23 years old. I was cooking breakfast for myself and over the years, with some help from Hestia's powers knowledge, I learned how to cook. I figured that I needed to go shopping again as I finished cooking my last egg. I also needed to go hunting again. I shopped for different kinds of food in the supermarket and after dropping it off at my home, I put on my hunting gear and went hunting to get past the winter.

When I finished hunting a deer, I saw a girl laying on the ground, hurt. Being the good person that I am, I went to help her. I dragged the deer and carried the girl back to my house. I started skinning the deer and was cutting it when the girl woke up.

"Where am I? " she asked.

"You are in my house," I answered her. "I am Percy."

Her eyes widened but she told me "Allison, but you can call me Ally." There was something familiar about her name, like it had clicked a switch in my brain. She studied me with the same sea-green eyes that I had which kind of creeped me out. She didn't have black hair though. Her hair is blonde with dark brown highlights.

"So, where am I?" She asked again.

"Alaska," I answered her. "You looked familiar and hurt," I told her.

"I looked familiar because you know me," Ally replied, which confused me. How do I know her?

As if reading my mind, she said, " I know you from your past life," Ally continued, " and yes, I can read your mind."

" Explain," I demanded, pulling out Riptide from my pocket. Gods have their way of convincing mortal and I was not going to fall for any of their tricks. She nodded. I sat down across from her, maintaining my distance.

"I am Allison Johnson, Queen of Icywater. " I just stared confused at her. She just waved it off. "I had 5 siblings. Isla, Olivia, Lilliana, Violet, and finally Perseus." Doesn't explain how she knew me.

"So I am Perseus?" She nodded. "Our parents are Ethan and Carrie Johnson. Our whole family is like the Hunters of Artemis, we can't age but we can die in battle."

"So partially immortal."

"Yes."

"I don't get it. What does this have to do with me," I asked her.

"Since we aren't completely immortal," Ally continued. "We can choose to reborn. Like you did. But unlike mortals, when we reborn, we have all our memories and we keep the same name."

My brain started working. My mom said that she named me after the great hero Perseus. "Does that mean I am also the original Perseus?"

"Yes," Ally told me. "I was watching you. I am very proud."

"Wait if I am the original Perseus, then I am a son of Zeus."

"Myths say lies. Seeing your achievements, after you chose rebirth, Zeus manipulated the writers to write you as his son."

"Then how come I don't remember anything?" I asked her my second question.

A dark look crossed her face. "I erased your memory. It was the best for you since none of our family tried for rebirth."

"Where are they right now?" I asked. It was the wrong question.

She started crying. I ran over to her, my body having a mind of its own and gave her a hug to comfort her. It all felt natural, like I had done it countless times before. Maybe, just maybe, what she is saying is true.

Ally told me. "Our parents have died." I felt sad. A memory flashed in my mind of how they treated me when I was kid, how they held me in their arms, how they bid me farewell when I went to show the world that I was there.

I found my old parents, someone who could love me, someone who could give me parental love like Sally did, but they died.

"You still have me and the rest of our siblings," Ally told me. Its getting freaky about the reading mind thing. Ally laughed, apparently hearing my thought again.

"I should probably give you back your memory." She added. I nodded in response. She touched my temple and immediately, I remembered everything. I suddenly had more power, even in Alaska not at all being contained.

"I can teach you how to handle all that power." She told me.

"Sure!" I answered her with excitement.

She started explaining the power I had as a merman and fairy. It would have been shocking to me but with the new memories and my former memories as a demigod, I remembered how to use most of my power so Ally didn't need to reteach me everything.