4: Lunch

Lailah DK

It was Monday and I had been informed of a lunch party which I am expected to attend with The prince. I was furious because I hate attending parties, I had already taken my bath so I got dressed in my regular bodyguard outfit. I don't like colors so I mostly wore black with a touch of white, my favorite color was black.

I was in my room when I heard a knock on the door, I hugged angrily as I put my cap on. I strolled over to the door and saw a lady dressed in a maid's uniform "Yeah? what do you need?" I asked rudely. I didn't want to be nice to them because I needed them to fear me, I was the Prince's bodyguard anyways.

"The prince demands for your presence ma'am" She seemed frightened when she spoke. I nodded and banged the door on her face. I felt a little bad for being very rude to the poor girl but I had no choice but to act rude.

I put on my black leather shoe and stormed towards the prince's room, I knocked on his door lightly. "Come in" He yelled. I entered the room and said, "Your Highness, you called for me?".

"Why aren't you ready for the party yet?" He said eying me from head to toe and I rolled my eyes.

"I am ready," I said.

"Wearing that? wait what sort of girl are you?" He asked rudely.

"This is the way I dress, I'm a bodyguard and I am not going there to impress your friends" I hissed.
"Whatever, go and wait for me outside beside the car," He said and I nodded. I left his room and went outside to wait for him. I waited for almost twenty minutes and could feel my legs hurt, where was this annoying prince?

Just as my eyes met with the door, he came walking out arrogantly. He sent me a very deadly glare as I tried to open the door to the car for him. "Don't you dare open the door to the car for me ever again" he hissed. I didn't care so I waited for him to walk in but he didn't. Instead, he turned around and opened the door on the other side, and stormed in. I still really didn't care so I sat in the front seat with the driver. I stared at him through the rare view mirror and immediately looked away because he caught me staring at him. The driver entered the car and drove us out of the palace and to our destination.

Immediately after we arrived and halted in the parking lot, he began talking. He said "Dk," he called my name and I turned to stare at him "Let me warn you, don't you dare tell anyone that you and I are together. I want you far away from me I want you to remain in the car" He said. Of course, I wasn't gonna listen to him, he wasn't my boss.

"With all due respect your highness. I am not staying in the car, I can maybe distance myself from you a little but staying in the car will not be possible" I said. He groaned and hissed and then stormed out of the car angrily, I immediately got out of the car as well and followed behind him. I could hear him cursing at me. "Stupid girl" I heard him say and I rolled my eyes.

He was such an annoying man that I had to put up with him just for the sake of his good father. We entered the big hall and then I realized that this wasn't a business Lunch meeting, but a reunion of friends which will soon definitely turn into a nightclub.

The prince immediately got hugs from everyone, including the women who were swooning the moment they saw him. I couldn't blame them though, this prince was handsome.

"Haider how are you?.... I've missed you.... oh my god you are so handsome... don't steal the ladies" I kept on hearing people say to him. He shot me one last deadly glare before he walked away with his friends. I followed him calmly and decided to sit with the caterers, they were a great company I guess. One of them even forced me to eat, but I declined because part of my job was to never eat at a ceremony or any place I go out with my boss. I could get drugged for all I knew. The best part of sitting here was that I could keep a close eye on The prince, he was chatting with his friends happily. When I saw that the food was about to be served, I made the man give me the prince's order because I had to taste it First. The man found it weird at first but agreed after I told him I was his bodyguard.

I took the food over to the prince and he sent me a questionable look "I'm your bodyguard and I must eat your food before you do" I said to him and he groaned. A part of me liked annoying him a little, it was fun to see him annoyed. After twenty minutes, Haider and his friend got up and went to the dance floor where they danced happily. He danced along with a girl who kept throwing herself all over him. And of course, I had to change my sitting position so I sat at the bar.

"Madam what would you love to have?" The bartender asked.

"I'm okay," I said to him and he nodded. I sat there for over ten minutes but a sudden action from the girl alerted me and I got up and walked over to her and yanked her away from him. She seemed to be choking him or so I thought.

"Get your hands off him, are you crazy?" I said to the lady who was already on the floor. At this moment the dance floor had gone quiet, even the music was stopped right away.

"Are you crazy DK?" He yelled at me as he immediately bent down to help the girl.

"I'm sorry your highness, she was choking you," I said.

"Choking me? we were having a conversation you weirdo" he said angrily. After he had made sure she was okay, he stormed out of the lunch party and I trailed behind him. I knew I had ruined his day and for the first time, I felt a bit guilty. I could hear people talk amongst themselves about what had just happened but that wasn't my problem.