**✿❀🌼🍀❀✿**Chapter 1

When you called me
I became your flower

Neutral Bay-  New South Wales

Inner North Shore Suburbs

You were thinking about catching stingrays when your alarm started to buzz

You were thinking about catching stingrays when your alarm started to buzz. You took hold of that pointless alarm clock and threw it against your painted slate wall. It was worse on the seventh alarm. You're grinning mindlessly while another one perishes.

You could be happier in the morning. With a moan, you crawled behind your covers, determined not to acknowledge the start of a new semester and your dislike of being stuck at university, where youths want to become adults!

A loud voice rang out from behind your closed door. Gazing through your patterned duvet cover, you watched as the door slowly opened to reveal an orange-red, curly-haired woman with a wide smile peering inside.

"Ruby, reckon you'll get the next one? G'day, lovely Merida!" Your dear mom pops in with a big cup of coffee.

You throw the duvet back over your red hair, frustrated. Gosh! You hate that name.

"G'day, Mum. Can you please stop calling me Merida!" You snapped impatiently.

Ever since she watched the Pixar film 'Brave,' your mum's been head over heels for that redheaded princess who's just like you—courageous, rebellious, fiery, and, of course, with that red hair. Etc...etc.

Your university peers even make fun of your ridiculous name, which is something you can't bear

Your university peers even make fun of your ridiculous name, which is something you can't bear. Everyone respects that fearless personality. You got into many fights back in school because of your hair and the adorable freckles on your nose. You had a reputation for being easily agitated and frequently being made fun of for your appearance. It made you feel uneasy about who you were and unattractive. However, you have had a boyfriend since you were sixteen, and he liked you just like you did.

Your mother smiled warmly when you woke up and sipped your coffee.

"G'day, Mum, why'd you put in only two spoons of sugar? I take four. It's so bitter. Cheers for the cuppa," you said, placing the mug down and noticing your mother's concerned expression.