Chapter 11

The drive to the counselor's offices was nerve-wracking. Alexis tried to dress in her best and classiest attire, but she couldn't dress up the fear creeping through her body.

Who knows what will happen today. Calvin was in a bad mood when he woke up this morning. Alexis could tell if he was angry with her or mad because he had to come to the counselor.

Either way, Alexis didn't push him. She knew how difficult it could be for some people to admit that they need help, and Calvin was a prideful man.

Alexis wrote down all the things she'd like to discuss in the meeting if she's allowed. From him working with Candace, to him not coming home or leaving abruptly, to him not letting her work.

She was willing to air things out because she needs to talk about these things. If she spoke to Calvin, he would dismiss it and make it seem like Alexis was ungrateful!

As Calvin sped down the street, Alexis watched Calvins every move. He would tighten his grip on the steering wheel where and clench his jaw tightly. 

When they arrived at the counselor's office, Alexis got out of the car first. She stared at the small brown raggedy looking building and took a deep breath. This will either be good or bad. Alexis hoped they would resolve their problems and move forward. 

But, judging by the way Calvin was acting, she knew they were only going to take a few steps back. Calvin finally got out of the car and walked over to Alexis. He gripped her hand in his and pulled her toward the building. 

Inside of the building was the complete opposite of the outside. The walls were a light grey color, with abstract paintings on them. The wall to their left was painted in a mural for kids. Kids at the playground, playing tag, shooting hoops, or playing in the sandbox. 

Alexis approached the desk where the gorgeous receptionist was sitting. She smiled at Alexis and greeted the two of them. 

"How may I help you two?" The woman's green eyes drifted toward Calvin, and she frowns before she turned her attention to Alexis. 

Alexis leaned forward slightly and said, "We are here to see Dr. Sanchez. We are the Davidsons." 

The woman nodded her head and typed in the information into the system. When she was finished handed Alexis and Calvin papers to fill out. 

"Dr. Sanchez is in a session right now, just fill out the papers, and she will be with you shortly," The woman said. 

"Thank you," Alexis smiled at the woman and turned to go sit at the table. 

After they filled out the paperwork, Alexis handed the papers back to the woman. The lady nodded and smiled. Alexis sat back in her seat. 

Alexis examined Calvin's body language. His arms across his chest and his knee were bouncing up and down. He didn't want to be here, but he knew their entire relationship was riding on this meeting. 

A couple walked out of the office Dr. Sanchez was in, their hands locked together. 

"Alexis and Calvin Davidson?" Dr. Sanchez called. A smile on her beautiful tan face. 

Alexis stood up first, and Calvin followed, though he moved excruciatingly slow. He would make this process more complicated than it needs to be. 

When they entered the office, Alexis noticed the large brown couch against the left wall. White curtains covered a large glass window. The walls were painted white as well, along with black carpet. 

"What brings you in here today?" Dr. Sanchez said. 

Alexis looked toward Calvin, but he shrugged. Alexis frowned and cleared her throat, "Calvin and I are because we are having issues. We fight all of the time, and we can't agree on anything."