Chapter 13

Three months later

(This is Amara La Negra as Anastasia)

"Alexis!" Anastasia sang as she exited the elevator. She had a wide smile on her face, and she practically ran toward Alexis.

Alexis smiled and stood from her spot at her desk. She smoothed out her black dress before walking around the desk.

"Guess what?" Anastasia said as she stopped in front of Alexis.

Anastasia held out her left hand and showed off the Princess cut ring on her ring finger. The ring sparkles as it caught the light.

"Jason finally proposed!" Anastasia bounced up and down. Alexis bounced as well as the excitement coursed through her body.

"That's amazing!!! When did he propose?" Alexis questioned as she pulled her into a hug.

Anastasia looked at her ring before saying, "Last night. We went on this romantic boat ride last night. The boat was decorated so beautifully in my favorite colors. Pink and black. Then he proposed!"

Anastasia squealed, and Alexis couldn't help but smile for her friend. In the three months, Alexis has worked with Elijah, Anastasia has been the only one who has made an effort to get to know Alexis.

They grew close, and within the first month, they became well acquainted. Anastasia has met Calvin, and she got to know a little bit of Alexis's personal life.

Calvin and Alexis's relationship has come to a complete stop. They haven't been the same since they went to the third session. Dr. Sanchez asked if Calvin or Alexis ever found pleasure outside of their relationship.

Calvin's anger was enough for Alexis to know he had stepped out on her at one point. Alexis continued to go to Dr. Sanchez alone, while Calvin either stayed in his office or the basement.

Alexis has tried to talk to Calvin and rekindle whatever flame they once had, but it never worked. She eventually gave up. All the money she has made working has been saved up to live on her own.

Alexis hasn't thought much of Calvin. She has decided to keep her personal life from her work life. The only reason Calvin came into her job that day was to meet with Elijah. Alexis didn't ask because she wanted him to initiate the conversation.

"I'm so happy for you!" Alexis said, hugging her friend once more.

Anastasia smiled and said, "Thank you! Do you have plans tonight?"

"No."

"Sweet! Jason and I are having a celebration dinner tonight. Would you like to go?"

Alexis thought about it for a second before she nodded her head. "I would love to go!"

"Yay! Okay, I'll let you know the details in a few minutes. Wear something sexy," Anastasia said before she looked at her watch and rolled her eyes. "I have a meeting with Elijah's lawyer. I'll see you later."

Anastasia hugged Alexis before she walked off.  Alexis waited until the elevator closed before she released a breath. She beyond happy for Anastasia. And after learning about Anastasia's past relationships with Elijah and Anastasia, she was happy for her.