Chapter 15

Alexis had the feeling that God was punishing her for pursuing Elijah. She truly believed she was being punished for it.

Especially as Calvin stood on the other side of the door, with his duffel bag over his shoulder, his hair was tossed in every direction.

"Calvin?" Alexis questioned.

"Arent, you are going to invite me in?" Calvin asked. He raised his brow and peered over Alexis's shoulder.

Alexis moved to the side, and Calvin entered the room. Calvin let out an appreciative whistle and dropped his duffle bag next to the couch.

Alexis peered into the kitchen and saw Elijah was no longer in there. Alexis sagged in relief.

"Why are you here?" Alexis questioned, folding her arms across her chest.

Calvin shrugged and said, "I figured I'd visit my girlfriend."

"You mean your wife?"

Calvin looked startled and stared at Alexis. Why would he say girlfriend and not wife? Alexis thought to herself. She was angry at that word, girlfriend.

Alexis stormed off into the room, and Calvin followed behind. She unzipped her dress and pulled it off her body. Calvin sat on the bed and watched Alexis's every move.

"You're mad that I'm here, " Calvin stated.

Alexis turned to him and scoffed, "you come here uninvited and have the nerve to call me your girlfriend. And you think I should be happy?"

"I didn't mean to call you that, " Calvin said as he stood from his spot and approached him.

Alexis grabbed her things and entered the bathroom. Calvin followed her into the bathroom. Alexis began undressing as she prepared to wash her body.

She threw her hair into a bun and began taking her makeup off. Calvin lingered by the bathroom door with his arms folded over his chest.

Alexis continued with her night routine, and Calvin just watched Alexis without any other words.

Alexis wrapped the red silk robe around her body and stood in front of the bathroom mirror. Calvin walked over to Alexis and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Calvin began to nibble on Alexis's ear, and Alexis rolled her eyes. But his lips traveled down her neck and to the part near her collarbone. Usually, that spot sent tingles down her entire body, but it felt nothing like when Elijah kissed her.

Alexis shrugged her shoulders so Calvin can get away from her, and she entered the bedroom.

"Why are you like this?" Calvin questioned.

Alexis sat on the bed and said, "Why are you here? Why is it that every time I do something, you insert yourself?"

"What do you mean?" Calvin folded his arms across his chest.

"You know what I mean, Calvin, stop playing dumb, " Alexis folded her arms over her chest. "You never answered my question. Why are you here?"

Calvin was silent for a moment. His eyes are traveling Alexis' body before they stopped at her eyes.

"I don't trust you with Elijah," Calvin said.

Alexis scoffed, but she didn't blame him. She kissed Elijah twice and continued to have dirty thoughts about him. But Alexis couldn't believe he came out here because he didn't trust her.

"I never once flew out to New York or Vegas while you were on business trips. You brought your bitchy Secretary, even though she has made her intentions clear that she wanted to fuck you. I trusted you."