Chapter 5

Elijah coming home from work when he saw the police outside of Alexis's house. He pulled to the side and got out of the car. He raced over and saw the ambulances pushing Alexis out of her home on a stretcher.

She was awake, but she had blood dripping from her forehead and mouth. Elijah approached where the ambulance was waiting. The EMS workers approached, and Alexis noticed Elijah. 

"Elijah!" Alexis yelled as tears rolled down her face. 

"You know this guy?" The younger EMS worker asked. 

Alexis nodded and said, "Yes, he's my brother. Can he ride with us, please?" 

The older EMS worker nodded her head and opened the back of the ambulance. Once they got the stretcher in, Elijah followed behind. When the doors closed, the ambulance drove off. 

"Where's Calvin?" Elijah asked as he watched the EMS work.

Alexis shrugged her shoulder and said, "He's in New York." 

Elijah nodded his head. He'd wait until they were situated in the hospital before he asked her what happened. I'm sure the police would question her. 

~

Alexis was pissed off. She had the police call, Calvin, because the men took her phone. She wanted to scream and punch him, but he was too far away. She was happy that Elijah arrived in time; she didn't want to go to the hospital by herself. 

Now she was in the hospital room. The doctors were in and out of her room and taking her to get an x-ray. She was happy they were done, but now she was talking to the police. 

"So, tell us, what did they look like?" The male police officer said. 

"One of the men was tall. About six feet and he was muscular. He had blue eyes, brown hair that touched his shoulders. He had tattoos on his neck and hand. The second man was shorter, about an inch or two taller than me. He had brown eyes and black hair. He was skinnier," Alexis said. 

The female officer said, "Why were there?" 

"I  don't know. They said my husband owed them some money, but I have no clue what they were talking about," Alexis said as she took a sip of water. 

Alexis gave them a list of things she saw them take. She couldn't stress how annoyed she was, and she couldn't call Amber or Calvin. The only person here was Elijah, and she was grateful. 

After the officers were done, they sent Elijah back in. Alexis felt bad that he was with her when he could've been home and sleep. 

They talked for the most part, but the doctor came back in and told her what was wrong. She didn't have a concussion, but she had a fractured rib. She ended up falling asleep after the doctor gave her some medicine. 

~

The next morning, Alexis woke up to yelling. An all too familiar voice rang through the air, and Alexis couldn't help but cringe. 

Calvin was standing at the edge of her bed nose to nose with Elijah. A nurse was trying to calm them down, but she couldn't do anything. 

"What the hell is going on?" Alexis questioned. Causing all six eyes to land on her. 

Calvin moved from his position and said, "Why is he here?" 

Alexis rolled her eyes, and she said, "I'm fine, thanks for asking. Elijah helped me last night." 

"Well, he can leave now. You and I need to talk privately anyway," Calvin said as he grabbed her hand. 

The nurse and Elijah stared at Alexis in question. She dipped her chin as if to say everything is alright. They both left without further question. 

"What happened?" Calvin asked. 

Alexis snatched her hand away from his and said, "You have some nerve coming back here as if you have no clue on what's going on. Who the hell do you owe money to?" 

Calvin grabbed Alexis' hand and squeezed it, "Alexis, I never meant for this to happen. I was getting money for them." 

"Not fast enough, Calvin. Why in the hell do you owe money? Who do you owe money to?" Alexis asked. 

"It's nothing. I will figure this out, I promise," Calvin said. "My parents agreed to let us stay at theirs until the police are finished with our home." 

Alexis rolled her eyes. Calvin never addressed the problems, but if Calvin had an issue with Alexis, there was no ignoring it. Alexis wasn't going to push this to the side. She was beaten because he owed someone money. 

"Calvin, stop ignoring my question. Who were those men? Why do you owe money?" Alexis questioned as she reached for the cup of water. 

"It's nothing you should be worried about. But, I need to know why Elijah was here holding your hand?" Calvin said. 

Alexis scoffed, "It nothing you should be worried about." 

Calvin's face turned red with anger, but before he could say anything, the doctor walked in. He checked all of Alexis's vitals, and Calvin asked some questions to the doctor. 

Alexis was happy to hear that she would be able to leave in a few hours. Once Calvin and the doctor was done talking, Calvin helped Alexis get dressed. 

They waited for the doctor to give her the medication, and Alexis felt awkward. She didn't know if this was a faze, but it's been like this for the past six months. She brought up going to therapy, but he always denied and said they didn't need therapy. 

Alexis knew she could pressure his mom to talk Calvin into therapy. He did everything his mother asked him. If she needed an oil change, Calvin would drive three hours to take her to change her oil. He was a mama's boy. 

After they left the hospital, they drove to Calvin's parent's house. A three-hour trip, and Alexis was already feeling the effects of the pain medication. It wasn't long before Alexis can feel herself drifting to sleep.

_________________________________________

Chapter 5 is up! How do you guys like it? I appreciate 100 reads on my story! ❤️

I am thinking about writing another story. I started it, but I wanted some characters that you are familiar with. What celeb would you like to see in it? I have about 8 characters already picked for it.