Chapter 1

He lasted seven minutes. Her husband, Cal, lasted seven minutes. Alexis waited three weeks for seven minutes' worth of pleasure, and she didn't even get off on it. The purple toy on her bedside table can keep her going for so much longer.

She told herself she wouldn't complain, mainly because he's been on a business trip for three weeks. Cal made Alexis believe she was going to rock her world. Instead, they barely made it past foreplay before he collapsed on top of her, panting like crazy.

She wanted to slap him upside his head for getting her hopes up yet again, but she kept her hands to herself. Whenever he goes on a business trip, he always promises to please her and make her happy, but after his second trip, he stopped putting in work in and out of the bedroom.

Alexis laid in bed with nothing but a red lace set. She contemplated grabbing the purple toy on her bedside table and finishing what her husband started in the guest bedroom. It usually came down to that, Alexis pleasing herself in another room, so her husband wouldn't know.

She couldn't do that today. She had to clean the house for her Sunday dinner party. Cal set it up on his plane ride home, a way to celebrate their fourth anniversary.

Alexis couldn't believe they'd been married for four years. They've known each other for eighteen years. They started dating when she was sixteen, and Cal was eighteen. Five years later, Alexis was walking down the aisle, ready to marry the man she loved.

At twenty-one, Alexis believed their relationship would get stronger, just like her parent's marriage. Four years later, and she feels like she's drifting away from her husband.

She didn't want to think he was cheating, though there have been clues to an affair; she trusted he would never step out.

Alexis sighed and rolled out of bed. She grabbed her black robe and wrapped it around her curvy body. She decided to shower in the guest room.

After she showered, Alexis spent hours cleaning the house and cooking sunday dinner. Chicken alfredo fettuccine. Cal's favorite. The only dish Alexis is allowed to make every Sunday.

Another reason their marriage was falling apart. Cal scheduled everything. He wanted sex every Friday-if he wasn't on a business trip- Sunday if he was on a business trip. They ate specific foods every day of the week, and they had to eat at eight o'clock on the dot. Their shower limit was precisely at eight-thirty. They can't take showers longer than twenty minutes.

Alexis rolled her eyes as her husband looked at his phone for the third time in four minutes. It's almost eight o'clock, and their guest has not arrived.

"Alexis, your guests are pushing the limit." Cal's deep voice rumbled behind her. Alexis let out a soft sigh; he will never be satisfied.

"Well, honey, people do not have scheduled eating times. Most people eat when they can," Alexis said as she stirred the pasta.

Cal slammed his hand on the table and walked over to Alexis. He gripped her arm and made her look at him. His dark brown eyes stared into hers. They were void of any emotion, and she believed his eyes mirrored hers. She lost all love for the man a while ago, but she's a woman who didn't finish college. Where can she possibly work?

"I'm not most people, and you know that. I don't like when things aren't following my schedule," Cal said, gripping her chin in his calloused hand.

Alexis moved away from him and shut the stove off, "You are going to have to learn that people don't work around your schedule. The world does not revolve around you."

Cal opened his mouth but was interrupted by the doorbell. He rolled his eyes and sat back at the table. Alexis took her apron off and placed it on the hook in the pantry. The doorbell rang again, and she opened the door.