Secret's out | Jay x Nya

Trigger warning: blood, explosions, death, potential reference to the attacks of 9/11(not exactly but just in case you are super sensitive to things like that) <3

The secret ninja force was super important, while they weren't loved by the military... Ninjago was still grateful. These strong individuals gifted with godly powers rivaled Garmadon's forces, their sacrifices never went unnoticed. 

Jay Walker was one of the biggest nerds in school, being adopted and short for his age was no help. The boy was extremely gifted with math and science, popularity not so much. Of course this was a great help with hiding from Garmadon's scouts, who would assume he was a ninja? Surely none of his class mates did... until that one fateful day. 

"Jay are you still good for the movies after class?" Nya asked, sure she was one of the rebels in the school, but yet something about her excited the young boy. Perhaps it was the fact that she was also a ninja, selflessly protecting Ninjago from behind a selfish front. 

"O-of course!" He stuttered, his ears burning red. Jay had the biggest crush on Nya, it was no secret to the whole school, even Nya knew. Of course the raven haired girl loved to tease Jay, but secretly she loved him just as much, if not more. 

The day was going great, Jay had three presentations and managed to get past his social anxiety and aced them. This was by far the luckiest day of his life, or so he thought. 

Garmadon's forces attacked often, leaving the group to have to bail class early. The groups grades payed the price to save Ninjago, of course those of the Ninja that did have parents had a hard time explaining. Leaving the Ninja to have to stay late for detention more often than not. Jay spent a lot of time studying to keep his grades afloat, the boy had big plans for his future, he wanted to be an environmental engineer, helping the world stay healthy and less polluted.

Of course not everyones dreams come true. 

"Lightning this is Greenie Boi, Garm is attacking the business towers next door" Lloyd instructed, Jay chuckled at the nickname, it wasn't always appropriate but he loved the nickname Kai and him had given their leader. 

"I'm in the middle of chemistry, I don't think Ms. Burtson is going to let me out" Jay whispered into his hidden intercom. Ms. Burtson was a bitter lady, she never let anyone leave class... even during attacks. She didn't believe that Garmadon was really a threat, she claimed she had "seen worse in her days" 

Lloyd sighed before the intercom went silent. Lloyd had probably gone to contact the other ninja, leaving Jay to worry about his teammates. 

He could just go back to focusing on their lab, but their classroom had a huge window, facing the towers. Garmadon's helicopters could be seen circling the towers, his "crab" people shooting what looked to be laser beams. 

Lloyd was the only mech that had wings, other than his own. Jay chewed on his cheek, nervously adjusting the small vengestone cuff on his wrist. The ninja had come up with the small power blocking device after Kai came to school sick, setting half of his classroom on fire. 

He watched as his teammates swarmed the towers, fighting face to face with Garmadon. He wanted nothing more than to help them, but he couldn't risk his identity getting out. He also couldn't leave class, Ms. Burtson was not one to give bathroom passes. You were to get any and all business done before or after her class. 

"Helicopter is crashing, repeat heading towards the school!" Jay heard Cole scream through his intercom. "I can't get there in time!" 

Jay's eyes widened, he could see the helicopter. It was heading straight for his classroom. Nervously scanning the room he saw other kids start to panic, the answer was becoming clear. The helicopter was going to crash into his classroom, killing his classmates.