Hot Chocolate and Candy Canes

The classroom belonging to class 1-A was never empty. It was always bustling, with excitement of some kind. Somedays, it would be Bakugo's fuse going off. Other days, it would be the remarks and chides from his friends. Regardless, something was always going on in 1-A. Today it was the outrage of the paired system coming up.

"Settle down," Aizawa growled. The class immediately sat upright in their seats, eyes on their teacher. He cleared his throat. " As you all know, U.A has a system where they assign pairs for one month." He started, he turned away from his students and motioned to the board. There was a diagram depicting schedules, statistics of the program, and more. "For the next month, you and your designated classmate will work together in training, group projects, and even studying." Aizawa turned back to look at his students, hoping to see a change in their attitude. His students were all pretty bummed out, some more than others.

He sighed, and fixed his scarf around his neck."Look, guys, I've been doing this program at U.A for as long as I can remember. Everyone grew to end up loving the project. Not to mention how each student has come out a better hero because of this,"

The promise of the students becoming another step closer to becoming a hero sparked interest in some of the students. He smiled.

"It doesn't sound that bad," Kaminari stretched his hands. "If it's beneficial to the both of us, then I don't see the problem."

"That's all fine and dandy until I'm paired up with you and your bird for brains," Jirou muttered. She rolled her eyes, earning a shocked look from her classmate.

"What's wrong with working with me?" He tapped her shoulder frantically. She huffed and turned her head to face the other spiky blonde classmate.

The teacher sighed, tieing his matted locks back with a hair tie, "That's all for homeroom," He let himself flop onto the floor and nestle into his sleeping bag.

---

Lunch came, and Mina found herself sitting with Bakugo and his gang, per Kirishima's request. They usually found themselves at a table at the back of the lunchroom, either laughing at Bakugo's antics or trying to get him to calm down. Her spiky redheaded classmate walked beside her to the table, carrying both of their lunches. She always offered to get lunch for the both of them, but it's always been a Kirishima thing.

"Y'know, Mina," Sero started taking a bite out of his sandwich." Since you hang around us so much, you might as well sit over here." Sero offered.

"You guys are seriously too kind," She giggled. "But If I don't sit with Hagakure, she'll be all alone. I'm only sitting here because she's not here today. Thanks for allowing me to sit with you guys." She pulled apart her wooden chopsticks and started to dig into the school food.

"No problem!" That's what friends are for, right? Besides, I owe you one for saving my ass in training," He gave her a laugh that she found her cheeks tinting purple too.

After a few minutes of mindless banter, the King of Explosion Murder himself sat down. He didn't say anything at all. Bakugou didn't pay any mind to the girl sitting with them either.

"I brought Mina today. I hope that's fine," Kirishima gestured. The pink hair girl waved awkwardly. Bakugo shrugged, so she continued eating.

She decided that she didn't have an opinion on Bakugou. Mina didn't know him enough as Midoriya or Kirishima did. While she always did hang around him, surprisingly enough, they never actually talked much. She didn't mind too much, he was always yelling at someone, so she was saving herself stress.

"Soooooo," Her hands rubbed together before coming to a final stop. "Who's excited about the pairing program!" Her jazz hands enthused on cue.

"I am for one!" Denki shot up. "I don't know why Jirou isn't."