buildup

The infamous day finally rolled around. Mina had spent the latter half of the week leading to Christmas eve just ranting about how this could be the biggest night of her life. She even got her hair done in waist length knotless braids

"I still just think you're overreacting, Mina" Misha sighed as she finished the last braid on Mina's head. It's just going out with friends. What are yall going to a restaurant? How is it different this time?"

"It's not about what we're doing," Mina scoffed. "It's about the things that could happen." Mina felt the recently dropped braid.

"You do good work, Misha," Mina mumbled. "You should do hair for a living. I'm serious!"

"That's not the topic of interest," Misha started grabbing the oils and combs."Just what exactly is going to happen at this hangout?"

"I don't know. That's what makes it exciting!" Mina gushed.

"If you're going to get high or some shit, say that-" Misha rolled her eyes. She packed everything around. "I'm not stopping you. I don't care."

"It's not that, no, not at all. You know that I would never do drugs. "The horned girl frowned.

"Then what is it, Mina? You've been dragging this out for days. I want to know," Misha sat the box down and took Mina's hands. She squeezed them. "I do care, y'know.

"I want to, but that requires telling everything," Mina trailed off, the grip on her hands loosened. "I don't think I can do that yet."

Misha nodded, hopefully out of being able to sympathize. "Alright," She pursed her lips. "Just know, whenever you're ready to talk to me about whatever your hiding, I'm here." She pulled her sister into one last hug.

"Now, let's get into the car, don't wanna be late now, do we?"
---

She could tell everyone could probably tell that her relationship with Misha wasn't the same. She told her everything. Things weren't the same with Mina dancing around things and the quiet muttering under Misha's breath. One day, not now.

On a brighter note, things were a little easier now.

"Can I talk to you?"It was an impromptu call she called Tohru on a whim. She was going to get this out.

"I mean, you're already calling me right now," Tohru huffed. "Is everything all right, Mina? You sound out of breath. It's like 3 am-"

"You've been kind of weird lately. I can't help but worry-"

"I have feelings for Izuku," She blurted out. "I'm sorry, but I just really needed to tell someone.

"Okay, we're going there already," Tohru snorted. "I'm not surprised. What led to the revelation."

"Spending the night of break together," She said in one breath. "That's not the important thing, though. He likes Ochaco."

"Yeah, we all know that it's pretty obvious." Tohru yawned. "So what's ...oh."

"Yeah," Mina sighed into the phone.

"It just, it hurts, y'know. I want to be there for Izuku. I do. It's just," Her voice quivered as she tried to find the words she wanted to say.

"Take your time," Tohru whispered. "It's alright. You don't have to get it out all right now.

"Thank you," She whispered. They sat in silence for a while. Mina tried to concentrate, her thoughts into order while she listened to Tohru's soft breathing on the other side of the phone.

"Izuku is acting weird," She started. She let herself fall onto her bed and turned to cradle the phone like a baby. "He does things, small things. He gave me his hoodie, blushes at my attempts of teasing, etc. It confuses me. If he likes Ochaco, then why is he flirting with me? I don't know Tohru. I don't know."