last train home

"Ochako," She mumbled again. Midoriya flinched.

"Damn," He bit his lip. "Did I say that out loud?" She nodded.

"Yeah, you did," Her voice was smaller now, and she focused on the snow falling around them. Her knuckles were tight and cold in Izuku's hoodie. His. She let herself smile. After all, she was the one wearing the hoodie. Not Ochako.

She hated it, thinking of Ochako like that. She was the sweetest girl she ever met, always working hard and looking out for others. She didn't deserve this.

"I uh...I think I'm gonna go. I have to get up early for the train back home tomorrow," The horned girl cleared her throat and stood up. "Here's your hoodie back." She started slipping her limbs out of the holes.

"Wait," Izuku stood up and shuffled over to his friend. He shivered a bit. "Mina, it's fine. I have extra hoodies in my room. Besides, your cold and need to warm up."

Mina . The sound of her name escaping his lips was enough to bring a shade of lilac to her cheeks. He was only a few inches taller than her, but she felt so small. He rested a firm hand on her shoulder. It didn't help the situation at all. Her tongue flipped across the bottom of her lip, and she looked away.

"Thanks, Izuku. I...I really should be going, though." She made her way past the green-haired boy, careful to not look into his eyes again, or she would melt. She was by the door when she turned around.

"Call me during the break?" She asked.

"I mean, that was the plan-"

"Good! Great!" She smiled and closed herself inside the house.

One positive thing came from the situation. Mina could confirm her feelings for a particular freckled boy.

---

The last official day of terms is always busy. Kids are leaving, parents are picking up children, the whole 9 yards. Mina packed before she left. She didn't want to deal with the stress of getting ready today. By the time she was done, most people had left already. With a heavy sigh, she wheeled her luggage out of the dorms.

She was at the station now. A few classmates lingered around the station, like Izuku. He was waiting with Ochako, the two of them engaged in a deep conversation. She shook her fists as if she was excited about something, prompting Midoriya to step back. He was a blushing, stuttering mess.

They're cute together . Mina thought. She mustered a smile, a bitter one, but a smile nonetheless at the pair. They caught her eye and waved to the horned girl. She waved back. They left on a train together, but not before Ochaco gave her a warm smile.

It really sucked. The pool Mina felt at the bottom of her sickness. The tightness in her chest when she thought of Ochako and Midoriya. They didn't deserve this.

"Damn," She mumbled. She fished around in her pocket for her phone and pulled it out. The train was late, not many others were left, students from the support classes. She stretched and made herself comfortable on the bench. She would be here for a while.

---

The quiet rattle of the train was peaceful. It was a hidden comfort of hers. Easy to fall asleep too. Mina managed to let her eyes close. She dreamed of school, surprisingly.

This term was something else, to be blunt. Mina finished it strong academic-wise, something she has never done before. She deserved it. She worked her ass off this term. Studying and sparring in her spare time. Her usual habits were gone. She paid attention and took notes in class. She no longer used classes as a way to catch up on missing hours of sleep.