mint ice cream

The group went to go and get ice cream after. The same place Mina went with Midoriya. She made sure to buy his favorite, Mint Chocolate Chip. However, she only had the money for one box of ice cream. Thankfully, Kirishima offered to buy her a box. He gave her a box of Rocky Road, something different from her usual Strawberry. She ate it regardless and enjoyed it. She was explaining all of this to Midoriya, who listened intently. The unlikely pair grew closer after the program. They still met up to study and spar, despite the program being over. The program at least helped Mina, who had a C+ average in Algebra now. She wasn't sure how Midoriya was feeling about it, though. She planned to ask him.

"I still find it a bit weird that Uraraka was able to calm down Kacchan," Midoriya said softly. He rolled the pencil to Mina on the table. She caught it. "It's weird that they got paired up together, and it's even weirder that they still hang out." They were studying in the living room today. Mina complained she was too tired to go out to work at school. She brought up how her back ached and throbbed from the last sparring session. Izuku being the kind friend that he is, suggested they study at home today.

"Same here," Mina sighed. "Maybe they clicked."

"Like we did?"

"Exactly!" Mina clasped her hands together.

"I'm still worried about Uraraka, though. Kacchan can be pretty unpredictable," He was careful with his choice of words. A little hesitant saying that last one. " I don't want Uraraka to get hurt. Kacchan can be a lot when things don't go her way." There was some sort of desperation in his voice when he said that, but Mina shook it off.

"Just call him a jackass and go Izuku," She sighed. "Anyways, it seems like she has him on a leash. It's like she's controlling him, some BDSM shit." He laughed at that.

"Also," Mina stated. "Uraraka wouldn't let Bakugou push her around. She can stand her ground. You don't need to worry about her, she wouldn't put herself in a harmful situation. She knows what she's doing, I think. We just have to trust her." She reached over and squeezed Izuku's hand to reassure him, he smiled back.

"You're right, Mina. Uraraka can handle herself."

"You seem to care for Ochako a lot, Izuku," She laid back on the couch and rested her feet on his lap. He shuffled at this. "You have feelings for her?" He reddened again.

"N-no!" Izuku spat. "I-it's not like that! I-I respect Uraraka very much as a classmate and an f-friend." Mina kicked her feet at her friend in annoyance.

"Y'know, Deku, you can like someone and still respect them. It's kinda fucked up if you don't, no?"

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"Then how do you feel about her?" She sat up and moved her legs off him.

"I," He started. "I don't think I can see Uraraka like that."

"Oh?"

"Yeah," His palms rested on his jeans. "A least, not right now,"