Flunked

sorry i didn't post. extremely busy this weekend. next chapter will be abt the bakusquad. pls enjoy <3

 The pair got back from studying early. It was still light out. Oddly enough, Mina didn't want the escapade to end, so she offered to go for ramen with Midoriya.

"Come on," She whined. "It'll be fun. Besides, I'm paying. You have to go now!"

Midoriya was reluctantly dragged along, but he didn't regret the trip, neither did Mina. It certainly was money well spent in her book. The restaurant was around the corner from the school. It was mostly filled with support, and business students went there to eat after classes.

They didn't talk much at first. Mina and Midoriya both ordered and waited quietly for the meals. In the meantime, Midoriya pulled out a sketchbook from his bag with some pencils and an old kneaded eraser. He flipped through the pages looking for a blank one. Each page was filled with detailed graphite drawings and barely legible scribbles on the side of the paper.

She studied him carefully. The way his brows furrowed when he was applying to shade or when he would brush eraser marks off the paper. It was fascinating

She finally decided to speak up.

"What' ya working on," She said calmly, still looking at the drawings. Midoriya jumped a little in the seat when he heard her voice but settled down quickly.

"J-just some sketches and notes," He started. "N-nothing for class, just something I do in my free time."

"I see," She pursed her lips, the pink girl's eyes were still glued to the book.

"Do you want to take a look?" He mumbled, sliding the book towards her and turning a shade of pink.

"Wait, really!" She beamed. "Of course!" She eagerly grabbed the sketchbook and held it in her hands.

"Are you sure, though?" She put it down to look at Deku. "Jirou gets kinda annoyed when I go through her sketchbook."

"No, no," He reassured her. "It's okay. My mom always said I should share my analysis anyway." He pushed the book towards her and nodded.

She frowned but began to flip through the book slowly. Each page was of a different pro hero, drawn and shaded realistically. You could see the eraser marks, and dark lines that refused to budge, but to Mina, that gave the sketches character. The effort was clearly shown throughout the work. On the side of the drawings was a rough summary of a hero's abilities, weaknesses, and the way they fight in battle. The attention to detail in each caption was very well done.

"Deku, this is..."

"I'm not a creepy obsessive stalker, I swear!" He said at once. Mina tilted her head in confusion. "It's just a fixation of mine." He said finally.

"Deku, I wasn't gonna make fun of you for this," She frowned. "This is pretty damn good if you ask me. The drawings on their own are really advanced." She flipped to a page of Lady Nagant and flipped the book to show him.

"This is amazing, Deku!" She smiled. "Look here!" She pointed to one of his captions on the page. "I didn't know any of this stuff! If you weren't gonna be a pro, you should definitely be a quirk analyst because..." The pair continued talking and going through the sketchbook, even after the food came and while they walked home together. Most of it was Midoriya blushing and uttering 'thank yous' as Mina continued to praise his work. Regardless, they enjoyed the time spent.

---

Mina planted herself on her bed with some ice cream she stole from Momo and an episode of Saiki. Freshly showed and tired, she began to open the bin up and stick a spoon in while she flipped through the episodes. She went with something from season 1, where Saiki was chastising a classmate.