Study Buddy

U.A had their study rooms for students to work. Most of them were full, but Midoriya managed to get a timeslot for both of them. She met him in front of the school at 6:30 as they planned. Then they would walk to the room, study, and then leave. A simple plan, right?

She showed up at 6:15, pretty early for Mina's standards. To her surprise, the green-haired boy was there. He leaned against the gates in his U.A hoodie and sweats. His hair was still untamed. She tsked.

She initiated the wave this time. "Y'know Midoriya, you really should learn how to do your hair." He jumped and looked around for who said that. "Over here!" She called. He waved back. Then his hand went to this head as if he was pondering Mina's advice.

She strolled past him, leaving the taller boy quite dumbfounded. He eventually caught up. Mina didn't look back though his footsteps just grew closer.

"U-um, is there anything you wanted to cover that we went over in class?" Midoriya stammered.

Ashido's hands swung back and forth, each time grazing the hem of her skirt. They clasped together one last time behind her.

"Hmmm," She started. "To be honest, I haven't been paying attention to the lectures in class lately, so everything. "

"E-everything?"

"Well, I guess everything is a bit much. Can we go over what we learned in math? I'll just cheat off someone for the rest," She yawned. Midoriya frowned at the last comment, but Mina didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, math works,"

"What about you?" She pulled the sides of her backpack to rest higher on her back.

"Huh?" He tilted his head, a little confused.

"Y'know, what're things I could help you with," She gestured.

"I'm doing okay academically," He mumbled. "Maybe training? I've noticed how you fight in combat. I feel like I could learn a lot from you."

"Oh yeah," She yawned and stretched her arms in front of her. They bounced before resting behind her head.

"Is that so?"

"Y-yeah," He started. "Compared to someone like Yaoyorozu, you kind of,"

"Go with the flow?" She answered.

"Uh, yes. Exactly," The green-haired boy said. "While she thinks of her next move and what she has to do next, you go for it."

"Mhmm," She started walking again. "I get that a lot,"

"I"m sure you do," He walked a bit faster, so they were side and side with one another. The two of them were silent for the rest of the walk. They passed their classrooms and the lunchrooms until they got to the study hall.

He held the door open for her, and she slid inside their respective room. She immediately set her bag down at the desk and stretched.

"Ugh. What a relief!" She sighed. "My bookbag was killing me." She shook her arms, only to look at her classmate. He still had his bag on his back.

"Uh, Deku?" She called. He flinched at the sound of the nickname. "Oh, sorry if I scared you. Aren't you going to take off your bag? Here, let me." She grabbed the straps and slung them around her back.

"No, no, it's okay. I was just taken aback by the nickname, which is fine! You can call me Deku!" He waved his hand in a frenzy.

"You sure are weird, Midoriya," She mumbled. She plopped down into a chair and gestured for Midoriya to sit across from her. "Sit. Sit." He obeyed.