Chapter 2

"Good morning!"

Y/N groaned at the loud exclamation by her best friend and yanked the comforter to cover her head. Waking up for the first day of school would always be the worst, even if it was the same school she'd been in for the last couple years and she knew practically everyone. Not to mention she had only been at school a week before.

"Chikara, what are you even doing here? It's too early," Y/N grumbled, closing her eyes tightly and nuzzling into her pillow.

Sleep was already starting to take back over when suddenly the air was knocked out of her. Ennoshita jumped onto the bed, attacking Y/N with an excited hug.

"Good morning to the best-est best friend in the world that should wake up right now so she can get dressed and be ready to leave for the first day of our last year of high school in thirty minutessss," he said quickly while shaking Y/N.

"Okay, okay. I'm up! Get off," Y/N muttered, trying her best to shove Chikara's figure away. "Why the hell did Mom let you in?"

"Because she likes me better than you," he replied proudly, laughing as he was being pushed away. "I'm going to pay a visit next door, Kirishima and Bakugo should be awake. Half an hour, Y/N. We'll be at the front door waiting."

"Understood, now out." Y/N begrudgingly sat up, letting out a loud sigh, followed by groans as she stretched. Her eyes landed on the uniform hanging on her door, pre-ironed and ready to be worn.  "Half an hour," she whispered to herself as she reached over to grab her phone.

pretty boy💕

good morning beautiful! 7:02 a.m.

i know you probably wont be up for a bit but i just wanted to wish you a good first day.  i can't call you this morning on the way to school like we were doing, but we can work it out once we get settled into our new schedules. hopefully we can send a few texts back and forth during the day and call once we're both home. i can't wait to hear all about your first day baby. i love you so much 7:04 a.m.

Y/N couldn't help but smile at the message. This new school year was definitely going to make a difference in their schedules, but she was confident they'd be able to make time for each other. She took a few minutes to come up with a reply before finally getting up to get ready for school.

love 💙

good morning baby :). i hope you have a good first day, too. i'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear about your first day as a third year and first day as captain. ill let you know when im home later today so we can catch each other up. i love you more keiji 7:36 a.m.

Akaashi read this message as soon as he could, grabbing his phone once he parked his car in Fukurodani's student parking lot.

"Akaashi? You good?" Laila asked right before she opened the car door.

"Huh?" Akaashi looked up from his phone, processing Laila's words. "Oh, yeah I'm good. I was just reading a text from Y/N that came in while I was driving."

"Aw, how are you guys? How is she?"

"We're great, she's great. Things are amazing," he sighed, taking another look down at his phone.

"No disrespect," Laila's twin brother spoke up from the backseat, "but I'd rather not hear relationship talk."

"That's because you're single, brother dearest."