Chapter 10

The next morning was calm. The sunlight that peeked through the curtains brightened the room prettily, the air in the room a perfect temperature that left you cool but not shivering. 

But despite the seemingly perfect morning, Y/N sat on the edge of the bed, bottom lip between her teeth. She tried her best not to bite too hard or pick at the skin of her lips, a nervous habit she'd unconsciously shaken off when she started dating her boyfriend.

Akaashi's phone was in her hand, texts coming in from his teammates.

"Captain, coming to practice today?"
"It's at 2:30, if you forgot!"
"Akaashi-san! How's your stomach feeling?"
"Feelin' good Captain?"

And so on.

He must've told them he was sick or something, Y/N thought to herself, sighing and putting his phone back down. She ran her hand through her hair, the smell of shampoo reaching her nose. 

More texts came in, making Y/N scowl at the buzzing and put the phone on silent. It was that same buzzing that woke her up. At first it was an incoming call from a random number, which she had to decline, but the buzzing soon turned into texts. 

With another sigh she shifted so she fully sat on the bed, back to the headboard of her bed frame and a hand coming down to stroke the familiar dark hair she adored. 

It was pretty early in the morning, 7 a.m. in fact. It baffled her that his teammates were up and so energetic, texting each other about catching rides to practice and other things. Though it shouldn't really surprise her, they were athletes. It was more normal for their bodies to sleep and awake at earlier times. Their natural body clocks ran like that. 

Speaking of practice.. didn't Karasuno have practice scheduled today?

Y/N groaned softly, remembering they did in fact have practice today at 1. Of course Ennoshita told her she wasn't obligated to come to the next few practices after she came back. But it puts more strain on the team if they had one less person to help out. Sure, it was still early in the year. But Golden week was already next week, practice games were scheduled, the Summer Inter High was coming up. 

Yesterday proved distractions helped. Things still.. stung. Reasonably so, death is rarely ever easy. And she knew it was unhealthy to avoid it, but that wasn't what she was doing. She had her boyfriend and her best friend to talk to when it became too much. Talking it out and going on with life like normal was the best treatment, she decided. 

Now, to wake up her boyfriend. She hated to, but if he was going to make his own practice, he should really get up now so they could talk about it and he had the time to drive back to Tokyo.

Somehow she hadn't noticed Keiji bring his head onto her lap, leaning into her touch. His breath was coming out soft and slow. He looked handsome as ever, so at peace in this state.

"Love," she whispered, her hand in his hair moving to rub his bare shoulder and her free hand going to his hair. "Good morning."

Keiji stirred, eyes and nose scrunching and a hand moving towards her. It landed on her knee, gently squeezing the skin. His brow furrowed and his eyes fluttered, not quite opening just yet. Y/N let him slowly wake up, watching him use the heel of his palm to rub at his eyes and slowly sit up beside her. She almost smiled at the way his height presented itself, his figure obviously taller than hers. 

She couldn't help but let out a small laugh when he opened one eye, looking at her and a lazy smile gracing his features.

"D'ya sleep well?" Keiji asked, curling his arm around her and pulling her into his side.