Chapter 11

Y/N sighed as she pulled her suitcase along, running a hand through her hair. She made her way through the train station, weaving through the crowd and getting to where Bokuto told her he would be parked. It didn't take long to find him once the parking lot came in sight, his unique hair catching her attention.

She smiled at the boy and his girlfriend, speeding her walk to a light jog to catch up to them.

"It's been forever!" Bokuto said, quickly taking Y/N's bag and placing it to the side so he could hug her. "I missed you!"

Y/N laughed and hugged him back, breathing in the scent of his cologne. It was softer yet stronger than Keiji's, if that made any sense. Reminded her of something an older man would wear, but in a good and comforting way.

"I didn't know two months meant forever," she joked, pulling away from their hug. "I've been keeping up with your stats! College Bokuto is doing amazing!"

Bokuto blushed and grinned, puffing out his chest and standing like a superhero. "Oh, you know, just doing my thang."

Laila nudged his side, rolling her eyes oh-so-lovingly and bringing Y/N in for a hug of her own. "Yeah, if he thang is calling me every night to help him with his math homework or how to make his essays sound 'smarter'," she teased, pulling away and sending her boyfriend a wink. "Not that I mind. I get into his games for free and that's plenty payment in return."

"I've been telling Keiji we need to catch one of your games," Y/N whined, leaning into Laila. "We've been trying but our schedules never align."

"Well we have a lot of the season left, so there will be plenty of games to get to," Bokuto reassured, ruffling his friend's hair.

The conversation kept flowing as the three of them got into Bokuto's car and made their way to Akaashi's house. 

No matter how many times Y/N visited, how many hours she spent in the car, or walking the streets with Keiji, being in Tokyo always made her feel happy. Especially now with the tension between her and her parents. The escape was nice. 

And now that it was summer break she was able to stay in Tokyo for the next two weeks. The Karasuno Volleyball Club was taking a two week break before starting their new training regimes. They weren't planned to have any other break that would last that long until after the representative matches for the Spring InterHigh in October. Y/N obviously took the time she could to be out of her house and spending time with her favorite person besides her best friend. But the good thing was her friends were supposed to be here on Friday for a trip to the beach. 

Soon Bokuto was pulling into Akaashi's driveway, taking Y/N's suitcase like the gentleman he is. 

Three walked up to the front door, the scene feeling familiar to Y/N. With a small laugh she hid behind Bokuto, just in time as the door opened. 

"Where's Y/N?"

She peered over the boy in front of her. "That's no way to greet people, love," she scolded.

"We expected it," Bokuto and Laila said in unison, walking into the house when Akaashi stepped to the side.

He gave them sheepish apologies, reminding them the take-out was on the kitchen counter. 

Y/N almost yelped when Keiji's strong arms wrapped around her so suddenly.

"Okaeri," he whispered. His arms squeezed her tighter, as if he hadn't seen her this past weekend.

Y/N laughed, wrapping her arms around him, breathing in the smell of his cologne and mint. The welcome home warmed her heart. He'd never greeted her like that when she visited, and it felt really nice.