Chapter 6

"I really do have the best ideas, don't I?" Y/N exclaimed, twisting the cap of the nail polish bottle closed.

"At least 'Kaashi didn't make you do his toes," Laila muttered, shooting Kōtarō another warning look that told him not to move.

"I wanted my toes to look as pretty as my fingers," he gushed, sticking out his hands and wiggling his fingers.

Everyone couldn't help but laugh at Bokuto. Y/N scanned over her work on Akaashi's hands and nodded in approval. The black polish was simple but pleasing to the eyes, especially since Akaashi took such good care of his hands and nails. And his black ring only made the sight even better.

"Your hands are pretty," Y/N complimented, taking his slender fingers in her palm. Keiji smiled at the compliment. He always found it strange Y/N complimented his hands, but he had to admit it made him feel better about his insecurity having to do with the size of them. Y/N put his hand down carefully and flashed him a smile. "Thank you for not moving while I painted your nails."

Keiji felt himself blush at the innocent smile. He shook his head, telling her she didn't have to thank him something like that.

Y/N shrugged and stood up from the floor. She walked over to the coffee table in the middle of the room, setting down the black polish and turning to look at Kenma. "Hey, Ken, what color did you want again?"

"Red."

After scanning the tens of colors on the table, Y/N stuck her bottom lip out at not having found it. She asked Kuroo if he could see a red bottle on the table only to get a no in response, confirming the red wasn't there. "Laila, do you have a red polish?"

"If it's not on the table, it'll be in the box on my desk in my room. You're free to get it."

Y/N nodded and quietly announced she was going to get the polish before walking through the living room and going to Laila's room. Having been in the house a few times before, she easily found her friend's bedroom and opened the door, walking straight over to the desk. Dark colors were seen from the top of the box, different variants of blacks and blues. Y/N stuck her hand in and began pushing bottles to the side to look underneath, seeing brighter colors on the bottom. She jumped when the door creaked as it opened wider.

"Sorry, it's just me," Laila laughed, walking over to the desk as well. "Kou wanted those toe separator thingies. And of course the prince gets what he wants," she joked, opening a side drawer. "D'you find the red?"

With a hum Y/N confirmed she did, pulling out a dark and a bright shade of red. "I'll let Kenma pick which one he wants." Laila nodded and closed the drawer, moving on to the next to look for the toe separators. "Does Keiji have any friends?" Y/N blurted out suddenly.

Laila raised a brow and let out a soft laugh, grabbing what she was looking for and straightening up. "You know all his friends. Everyone in this house."

"No, I know. But at school. I know he has you, but is there anyone else?"

It took a few moments before Laila answered. "Not really? Not that Akaashi's a total loner, he just has a lot of acquaintances rather than friends. That's what he and I were until I started dating Kou, after all." She scanned Y/N's face, trying to read her expression. "Why do you ask?"

Y/N stayed quiet, not really sure what to say.

"Y/N?"

"What do you know about an Izumi?"

Laila blinked at the question. She whispered the name to herself repeatedly until the name registered. "Oh, the guy on the volleyball team? Blond hair, really tall?" Y/N nodded and murmured something about having met him the other day. "Not much, really. Seems to be a good middle blocker, uh let's see... not that great of a student, his marks are kinda low. He doesn't take college prep classes. Girls are constantly fawning over him but he ignores it. Seems nice, never spoken to him directly though. I don't know if I'd say him and 'Kaashi are friends, but they've eaten lunch together a couple times."