Chapter 1 {prologue}

Daryl's POV

"Yer' what?!" I almost yell in shock.

"I'm pregnant" Debra, a woman I had slept with around a month ago when I was drunk, states.

"I can't believe this" I whisper mainly to myself.

I rub my hand over my face and sigh.
I can't be a dad.. i just cant.. im not good enough.

"I'm not sure having this baby is such a good idea Daryl" she whispers holding a hand over her stomach.

I know that I'm not ready to have a child... but getting rid of it? That's not fair. It won't even get a chance.

"Wha'?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm talking about an abortion" she says as she grabs her pack of cigarettes.

"No ye' can't do that!" I yell snatching the smokes out of her hand.

"It's my body I can do whatever I damn well please!" She yells back at me while trying to grab her cigarettes.

"It's my baby too" I try arguing back.

"I'm still young.. I don't want a damn baby to come and mess up my life!!" She says pushing my shoulders.

Anger starts to build up inside me and I'm trying my hardest to not explode.

"I'll take care of it" I mutter, surprising myself at what just left my mouth.

Debra looks at me surprised before answering. "You're not the one who has to carry the baby Daryl, you're not the one who would have to go through the pain.. I don't want this baby"

"Damnit woman! I'll do whatever.. Buy ye' whatever! I'll take the baby after its born!! Just don't fuckin' do this!" I yell angrily. "Please" I whisper almost in defeat.

"Fine, but I want NOTHING to do with you or the baby after its born" she spits and grabs her smokes.

"No, yer' not smoking or drinking while yer' pregnant... yer' not gonna fuck up MY baby" I say grabbing them back from her.

He rolls her eyes and walks back to my room before slamming the door.

I sigh and plop down on the couch.

I hold my head in my hands and rub my face...

To be honest I'm afraid.. and its been a long time since I had that feeling.

I'm afraid I won't be the father that my baby will deserve.

I'm afraid that I might end up like my old man... no.. I won't let that happen .. that can't happen.

All I know right now is that from this day on until the day I die..I'll do everything I can to protect my child. No matter what it takes. And I'll have to start by getting a decent paying job.

Who woulda thought. Me, Daryl Dixon, would have a child.