Chapter 28

Peyton's POV

"Uncle Merle I'm boreddd" I whine and start poking Uncle Merles cheeks.

"Well go bother yer daddy" he groans and picks me up only to place me on the floor.

I jump back onto the couch and in his lap again. "He's with Ashley" I grumble and frown. For the past couple of weeks Daddy is always with Ashley. He only spends time with me like 2 hours a day and the whole time Ashley is there watching... its kinda annoying and I'm starting to not like her.

"Hmm well i don' know then" Uncle Merle says and looks back at the TV.

"Do something!" I yell at him and start jumping on the couch next to him.

He groans and reaches up grabbing me and pulls me down next to him. He holds my arms to my sides with one hand and starts tickling me with the other. "Stop jumpin' on me"

"I'm bored though" I pout when Uncle Merle stops tickling me.

"Want me to teach ye' how to fish?" He asks.

"Yeah!" I squeal and jump up and down but quickly stop when I remember him telling me not to.

"Go find yer daddy and tell 'em" Uncle Merle tells me and gets up to pack stuff I'm guessing.

I leap off the couch and run to Ashley's room, since that's where Daddy always is.

The door is closed and locked. What's new?

I knock gently on the door and wait patiently. "Daddy?" I ask quietly. Daddy always listens when I use my cute quiet voice.

When I don't hear daddy after a minute I knock harder and call daddy's name a little louder.. "Daddy!"

I press my ear to the door and I can hear Ashley whisper something but I can't hear what. Then I hear daddy. "She's my damn daughter.. Ye' can fuckin' wait" Daddy growls in his mean scary voice.

I hear footsteps coming to the door and I back up so daddy doesn't find out I was listening.

The door opens and daddy stands there in just his underwear! Daddy squats down to my level and grabs my small hands, holding them in his big ones. "Wha's wrong baby?" He asks, gently squeezing my hands.

"Uncle Merle is gonna teach me how to fish!" I say happily and swing my hands that were holding Daddy's.

"Is he now? I wanna come" Daddy smiles.

I smile and start to say something and then Ashley comes to the door. "Fishing? Sounds fun when are we going?" She asks.

"Uh it's just me and Uncle Merle.. I was just tellin daddy" I say. Although I really wanted Daddy to go. Just Daddy. And Uncle Merle of course.

"Well I'm sure Merle wouldn't mind us tagging along" Ashley says and puts her hands on daddy's shoulders, who was still holding onto my hands. Only tighter than before.

"No!" I say quickly. I didn't mean to say it. It just came out. Whoops.

"Daryl" Ashley whispers starring at me.

"Peyton" Daddy scolds and I roll my eyes. Something I learned from Uncle Merle!

"I just want you to go daddy" I whisper although I know Ashley can hear. I use to like Ashley, but now it feels like she's taking my Daddy away from me.

Daddy sighs and takes one of his hands and rubs his face. "C'mere" daddy says and opens his arms. I walk to him and he picks me up. I lay my head on his shoulder. Daddy has really soft skin too.