Chapter 27

**3 weeks later**

Peyton's POV

Me, daddy, and Uncle Merle have been staying at Ashley's house for awhile. Daddy says we can't go home because mommy knows where that is and it's dangerous.

I like Ashley's house though. It's big and even has more on top of the ceiling. Daddy says people call them "2 story houses". I wish we lived in one because I like going to the top of the stairs and sliding down them. Daddy doesn't like it and tells me not to but daddy isn't always around and what daddy don't know won't hurt him right?

There's 3 rooms in the house, two are upstairs and one is downstairs. Ashley's room is the one downstairs and guess what! Daddy sleeps in her room! With her! I asked daddy about coodies since he said they were real and guess what he told me. He said that coodies go away when you're 21. Uncle Merle and Ashley just laughed but I don't get what was so funny.

I still have my bad dreams and it sucks because I want to sleep with daddy but he sleeps with Ashley and their door is always closed and locked. I know they're awake too because I can hear them! They don't have much to say though; they only say each other's name over and over. Wait no, I take that back.. sometimes they say 'oh my god'.. stupid grown up talk. Maybe it's like secret code for something. I would ask daddy but I don't want him to know I was up late last night. He doesn't like that either.

Uncle Merle has a girlfriend too! Her name is Alyssa. I've never met her but he talks about her often. He said that she has a boy my age named Luke. I wonder if it's the same Luke that goes to my daycare. He's cute. Ashley said that Uncle Merle can invite Alyssa and Luke over for dinner one night.

"Hey why don't you go wake your daddy up?" Ashley says as she crouches down next to me and hands me a juice box.

I take a sip from the box and nod my head. I put the juice box down and run into Ashley's room and daddy is laying on his stomach without a shirt on. He takes up the whole bed! How does Ashley even sleep like that.

I quietly crawl onto the bed and over by daddy.

"Wake up!!" I suddenly yell and push on daddy's back over and over again. "Wake upppppp" I lay down next to him and start poking his face.

Daddy groans and turns his head away from me. "5 more minutes"

"Daddy get up!" I laugh and jump on his back and poke his face again.

Daddy doesn't move or even say anything when I start poking his face. I groan and tell him to get up again. I notice daddy smirk but his eyes were still closed.

Confused; I stopped poking daddy which was a mistake. Suddenly, daddy flips over and grabs my arms with one of his big hands and flips over again so that I'm underneath him. "wanna keep poking me? my turn now" daddy says and laughs. Then he starts tickling my sides causing me to squirm around and laugh uncontrollably.

"D-daddy stop" I say in between laughs.

Daddy keeps on tickling me until my sides hurt. "Daddy stop it" I say and he finally stops but still holds my hands.

"I'll let ye' go if.... ye' bring me breakfast 'nd tell me I'm the bes' daddy in the world" daddy says and smirks again. I laugh when I see a piece of daddy's hair sticking straight up.

"Wha's funny?" He asks

"Nothing daddy" I say laughing again.

"Don' make me tickle ye' again" daddy smirks again and moves his hand over my stomach.

"Your hair is funny!" I say quickly, not wanting to be tickled.

Daddy puts his hand over his heart. "I'm hurt" he says and laughs afterwards and then runs his hand through his hair, making it flat.