Chapter 11

Peyton's POV

I rub my arm over the scratch mommy left on my other arm when she pulled me away from daddy.

I didn't want to go with mommy. Daddy always told me she was mean and bad and that I should never be around her or people like her. Just the way she talks makes me scared and she smells really bad too.

"Thanks for the help Joe" mommy says to the man in the police uniform. I didn't like him.. he yelled at my daddy.

"No problem sis.. I'm sure this will work" he replies and gets out of the car and walks up to a house that I'm guessing is his.

I hold on to my teddy bear tighter and lay my head on the window.

"It's cold" I tell mommy but she just ignores me and turns on the radio. Daddy never does that... I already miss him.. I wonder what he's doing right now.

After several more minutes in the cold car we finally pull into a driveway that leads to an old worn down house.

Mommy gets out and opens my door and pulls me out of the car. "Ow" I say and try to pull my arm from her grasp.

"Hurry up!" Mommy yells at me when I tripped over some trash in the yard.

I follow behind her and keep a tight grip on my teddy bear... it smells like daddy.. daddy got it for me at the fair when he won a dart game.

"Why do you need that bear.. you're what 7?" Mommy asks as we enter the house. It smells really bad.. I look around the house and she dirty clothes and dishes all over the couches and floors.

"5" I correct her, standing in a small space that doesn't have trash.

Mommy gives me a mean look before walking quickly at me and crouching down so her face is right infront of mine. "Don't ever talk back to me" she says in a mean voice that makes me want to cry.. but then I remember what daddy told me.. I'm a Dixon and I don't cry. I don't want to disappoint daddy.

"Where is my room?" I ask, hoping I wouldn't have to sleep on the nasty couch.

I watch mommy grab a Baggie with white powder in it... it looks like the sugar that daddy uses when we make kool-aid together. But why would mommy have sugar in a Baggie?

"Why do you have sugar in a bag?"

Mommy looks at me and gives me another scary look before she chooses to not answer me.

"Where am I sleeping?" I ask again since she didn't answer my first question.

"On the couch" she answers and pushes off a plate that was there to the floor.

"It's dirty tho" I say in disgust.

"Did I ask what you thought?" Mommy says as she takes a credit card and makes lines with the sugar. Then she takes a straw and sniffs the sugar! Who would do that? I wish daddy was here.

"It's bed time" mommy says as she wipes her face and stands up pointing to the couch.

"But im not tired"I whine not wanting to go to sleep, even though I had nothing else to do.

"I said go to bed!" She yells as her eyes become a light shade of red.

I nod and slowly sit on the couch and curl into a ball, holing teddy close to me.

"You need to grow up.. you don't need this" mommy yells and yanks my teddy from my grip.

"Nooo" I yell sitting up and reading my hands out for it.

"You're too old" she yells and throws teddy into the already lit fire.

"Noooo!! Daddy got me that" I say and start to cry.

"Daddys not here now is he?" She says meanly and starts to laugh.

I look up at her through my blurry vision, due to my tears.

"I wish I was with daddy" I mutter and wipe my tears.

"Well you're with me so go to sleep!" Mommy demands and pushes me so I lay down on the couch.

My head hits the hard arm rest and it cause me to jerk up in pain. I rub my forehead and see a little dab of red liquid on my hand.

"I'm bleeding" I cry holding my head.

"You'll be fine" mommy says, sniffing more of the sugar.

I curl up in a ball again and hold my legs close to my chest and cry myself to sleep. I miss daddy.. and Uncle Merle.. why would Daddy make me go here? Did I do something wrong? I just really wish it was Sunday so daddy and I could go get icecream... Daddy had never been mean to me and I've been with him my whole life... I've only been with mommy for one night and she's already really mean to me.

=========================

3rd person POV

**at Daryl's house**

"Man what tha' hell is wrong with ye'!!" Merle yells, seething because of Daryl's dumb choice of letting Peyton go with Debra.

"Man I ha' no other choice!!" Daryl yells back, just as mad as Merle.

"Ye' know what kind of person she is!!" Argues Merle as he paces through the living room.

"Why do ye' care huh Merle?! Ye' left us three years ago! Without a single fuckin' word!! You chose drugs over family man.. Don' tell me ye' care!" Daryl states, recalling the time Merle left, the day still fresh in both the Dixon brothers minds.

"I left because ye' were righ' ... Peyton shouldn' be around those things so I left to get clean! There reason I was gone for so long was so that I knew 100% tha' I wouldn' go back to tha' shit!!I don' wan' my niece around drugs or assholes tha' do drugs!! But I guess tha' don' matter because you just sent her off with the queen of drugs!!!" Merle yells, beyond pissed knowing that his brother kicked him out for doing drugs but let's his own daughter leave with a woman who is knowing for doing that crap.

"Ye' really did tha'?" Daryl asks in disbelief. For as long as he's know his bother, Merle has always been an asshole racist pig who did drugs and hooked up with random women. Peyton must've really changed Merle in order for him to change like that.. and truth is, it did.. that little girl made Merle realize there's more to life than drugs.. and once he held Peyton he knew Daryl was lucky to have a daughter... a part of Merle wants one himself but he knows no woman would ever do that with him.

"Of course baby brotha' ... that's my neice.. I wan' to be in her life" Merle whispers, halfway calming down.

Daryl, not knowing what to say, choosing to hug his brother in order to show his appreciation. It wasn't a normal thing for the two but the both acting as if it was nothing, deep down though they were both slightly uncomfortable.

"Let's jus' hope Sunday gets here quick" Daryl sighs as he sips on his beer.

"Agreed" Merle agrees, joining his little brother in drinking.