Chapter 19

Ashley's POV

Word spreads pretty quickly in this tiny town. Everybody knows everybody.. As well as everybody knows everybody else's business.. it sucks but that's how it goes in this town. "Rumor" of the week is that I've been sleeping with both the Dixon brothers, which is absolutely false because there's no way in hell I would ever even touch Merle... sorry but no thanks.. he's cool as a friend tho.

Everyone knows I've been hanging out with them but fuck that don't mean I'm sleeping with them.. I've been with Daryl for a month and a half and haven't slept with him.

I dont know what me and Daryl are to be honest.. we never technically announced what we are.

We hang out and kiss and hug and all that good girlfriend boyfriend jazz ((only at his house though because heaven forbid he even touch me in public-.-)). He never asked me out or to be his "girlfriend" but I think I am? I dont know ill have to remind myself to ask him about it.

His daughter though is the most cutest little girl I've ever seen. She looks so much like Daryl it's scary! He's such a good father, though he tries so hard to deny it. You know how some people say "seeing a man with kids is the most attractive thing ever"??.. I never believed that until I saw him with Peyton and holy cow were they right. Plus his tattoo of her name? Super freaking cute...

I hear the doorbell ding, signaling a customer has arrived; meaning I have to work.

I look up and smile seeing my cousin that I haven't seen in 5 years walk in and sit at the bar alone.

"Ashley!" She cheers as I walk in front of her. The last time I saw her she was pregnant, against her will.. the father of the child made her keep it. Last time I heard she hasn't seen her kid since.

"Hey!" I reply, getting my little notepad out to take her order.

"I haven't seen you in forever? How have you been?" I ask leaning against the counter.

"Eh same ol.. same ol" she shrugs as I bring her a glass lemon water.

"So I heard you've been getting cosey with the Dixon boys." She says, twirling her dried dark red hair.

"Not true in a sense...but I've been seeing Daryl" I say blushing at the thought of him.

"I'd be careful if I were you" she says in a warning tone.

"Why? He's really sweet" I ask confused.

"Did.. Did you not hear what he did to his daughter?" She whispers, leaning over the counter to get closer to me.

"N-no?"

"I was over at his house for one of his parties when his daughter came up to him, he thought he was alone because no one was outside at the time b-but I saw him! She was crying or something and he started yelling at her because she wouldn't stop.. n-next thing you know he gets aggravated and shoved her pretty hard.. poor little thing hit her....f-forehead on the table and started bleeding" she explains but stutters throughout the story.

"Noo Daryl loves that girl" I say, not believing her story.. I mean Daryl wouldn't ever do that.. Would he?

"Have you not seen the scar on her forehead?" She asks.

Now that I think of it.. I did notice the tiny pink scar that sat on her forehead... I had asked Daryl about it once and he had told me her mom had done it one weekend... But he said her mom is 'gone' .... so he did do it? I feel hurt and betrayal coursing through my veins, mixed with a little anger.. how could he do that to that poor little girl!
Oh he's definitely gonna hear it from me tonight.

"Well believe me or not.. he's dangerous and you should watch out.. if he can physically hurt his own daughter... then he won't have any problems hurting anyone else" she says before I can say anything.

"I'm gonna go now.. it was nice seeing you Ashley" she adds, grabbing her belongings and standing up.

"Don't forget to call your ol cousin Debra every once in a while" she says as she leaves.

I don't say anything, I'm too in shock to. How could he do such a thing?

========================

Daryl's POV

"Daddy is Ashley coming over today?" Peyton asks me curiously as she sits on my lap, playing with my hair.

"Yes sweethear'" I answer pushing her hair behind her ears.

She giggles and lays her head on my chest. "Yay" she murmurs in my shoulder.

"Ye' like Ashley don't ye'?" I ask chucking, the past month and a half she always asks for Ashley to come over.

I feel her shake her head 'yes' but she never lifts her head from my chest.

We're laying on the couch watching the stupid sponge.. again.. dumbest shit ever I swear.. Peyton is laying on my chest while watching the cartoon while I slowly sooth her brown hair.

"I like 'er too baby girl" I whisper into her hair as I leave a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

After a couple of minutes I hear soft cute little snores come from Peyton and I notice she had fallen asleep... poor little thing has been having nightmares for the past month.. she always says "the monsters bite her and try to eat people" ... sounds like some shit from a zombie horror movie.

I keep soothing her hair and rub her back at the same time; hoping she naps without nightmares.. she turns her head and nuzzles her face in the side of my neck and sighs. Good lord the love I have for this little girl. I never knew it was possible to love something so small so much... She's literally my everything... before her I was nothing, I don't even think I was living, I was surviving... I had no real purpose to live, just to breathe another minute was really my only purpose. My little girl turned my life around completely.. she makes me feel wanted and happy, knowing that no matter what happens, at the end of the day I have someone that loves me and looks up to me. Ive never ever had that and let me tell you.. it's the best feeling in the world.

I feel my eyes start to droop and an involuntary yawn escapes my mouth. I wrap my arms around Peyton and gently squeeze her. "I love ye'" I whisper into her hair before drifting off into a dreamless sleep myself.

========================

A/n: alrightttttt you guys are freaking awesome!!! I love the comments and predictions... so it looks like half of you like Ashley and half of you think something fishy is going on! And it looks like there's a tie on the ship name... its between Dashley and Ashyl..

Soooo the dedication for this chapter areeeeeeee

carolpeletiertwd
MrsCarltonGrimes_
QueenBeeCheyy
Bashsister23

Thank you guys for the comments!! Much love <3.

Here's the questions for this chapter.

1.) woah drama in the first half!! There's Debra!! Is Ashley going to confront Daryl about 'hurting' Peyton???

2.) If she does how is Daryl going to react??

3.) Where's Merle?? Haven't seen him in awhile!

4.) So after seeing Ashley's POV is anybody team Ashley? Or are yall still on the line about her?

5.) Aweeehh!! Daryl and Peyton moment! What's up with the dreams Peyton's been having??

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!
// don't forget to vote as comment //

Much love to all my voters and commenters!!! And all my lovely readers!! Yall rock :)

~xoxo~