I Wish I Were Heather

AN-trigger warning self harm!

~You~
The week had gone so fast you didn't even realise it had been a week, you had the best time you could imagine was possible without having your best friend by your side it was kind of strange. It was a fairly nice morning and you were all packed and had your jacket on and you decided to walk back to meet Natasha since it wasn't all too far and you needed to burn off all the junk food calories you gained while away.

When you arrive you see your best friend in the world and your worst enemy sitting at a bench together. You don't hear anything but Natasha pulls off her sweater and gives it to Heather who pulls it on and then makes eye contact with you. She the turns back to Nat and kisses her on the lips. Heartbroken you run off.

Reaching your room you dump your stuff on the ground run into the bathroom and lock it, standing against the door. "Y/N please come out let me explain." Nat begs while rapping her knuckles on the door. You begin to sing softly, "Why would you ever kiss me?" The knocking stops. "Y/N it wasn't what it looked like." You continue, "I'm not even half as pretty." You hear a sniffle, "don't say that." Not replying just continuing your song, "you gave her your sweater." Nat half whines, "I didn't want to." "It's just polyester," you sing softly. "But you like her better." "No I don't Y/N you don't understand." You step away from the door and unlock it, "I wish I were Heather." You open the door when you sing Heather. Nat looks at you, her eyes full of emotion and she rushes in and pulls you into a hug that felt like she was squeezing your brains out but you didn't care. She had her arms around your shoulders and as she was inches taller you wrapped yours around her waist. Nat strokes the back of you head, "I'm so sorry Y/N I really am." You hug yourself tighter into her and say, "it was not your fault." "Tasha why are you wasting your time on that pathetic loser?" You and Nat pull away from each other at the same time. You step around Nat and face Heather. You stand talk but you realise that she is so much taller then you and now it's kinda scary that you've never noticed. Heather looks down at you and you shrink back and bump into Natasha, who wraps her arms around your belly. "Go," Nat half growls and you feel the vibrations rolling through her stomach. Honestly she scared you shitless when she commanded Heather to leave, you had never heard her speak to anyone in that tone at all the whole time you knew Nat. Heather scrambled out wide eyed and you felt Natasha relax and she released you. Turning to face your crush. "I'm so sorry Y/N," Nat said to you. Tears forming in your eyes you go and sit on your bed Natasha following you. "Why haven't you told me or anyone what Heather has been doing?" Nat asks me as she sits down. Having no answer you want to give you just shrug. "Y/N I want you to know you can trust me." She tells me desperately. It broke your heart to hear her being so desperate but you didn't want everyone knowing about your crush for you best friend. "Nat I just- I don't want you to worry about me ok?" You lie to her. "Oh," is all you get from her before she gets up and leaves with one sad glance at you. " Oh what have I done," you mutter to yourself.

Making a desicion you get up lock the bathroom door and go through your procedure. Rolling up your sleeves you see the faded scars from high school and you slice on both arms up and down till you have countless new wounds that burn. You lean down and open the cupboard and put in the combination for the lock hidden behind a bunch of junk and place the used blade in there. You didn't know where they went but they disappeared. You decide to have a shower which stings your fresh cuts but it didn't bother you much at all.