The New Girl

You lay there awake staring at the roof above you. The only noise at this time of night was Natasha's heavy breathing in the bed next to your own. You sigh, you and Natasha had been friends ever since you came to SHIELD at the start of the year, but lately you've developed feelings for her and you didn't do anything because you didn't want to ruin the friendship with your best friend. Nat rolls over and wakes. "Can't sleep Y/N?" You see the concern on her face. "No," you reply sitting up. Nat mumbles in thought for a second before speaking up, "If your worried about the new agent don't worry about it." She smiles at you through the dark. It's not what was worrying you but you thank her anyways.

In the morning you and Natasha meet up with Clint and agents Coulson and Hill to greet the new recruit. Agent Carter and Fury have a young caramel haired girl in between them. Sharon introduces you to the girl, Heather Carter, her cousin. "She'll be staying with you and Nat if that's ok with you two." You and Nat nod and lead her to your room.

Heather dropped her stuff onto your bed. "Uh Heather?" You start. She turns around and glares at you. Fear creeping through your body you close your mouth and shut up. She takes your stuff out of your trunk and throws it behind her. You gulp as you see a frame of your dead parents smash to bits on the ground. You glance at Nat and see a look of disproval on her face. "Heather. Stop," Natasha commands her. She looks up at Nat smiles apologetically and starts putting your stuff back and moves to a different bed. When Heather is all unpacked she sits on her bed and starts humming. "Well I've got training Y/N so can you keep an eye on Heather?" Nat asks you. Swallowing your fear you nod.

When Natasha is gone Heather stops humming and glares at you. "I know your secret Y/N. I'm gonna make your life miserable and if you speak up or fight back about it then I will tell Nat and the whole of SHIELD." She threatens you. Eyes widening you fight back the tears of anger forming in your eyes. Heather laughs and you storm into the bathroom. Then you hear something hit the door and you try and get out. Damn it, you think. You feel depressed and turn the shower/bath on. You sit down clothes still on, the water running through your hair and down you back like you were sitting in the rain. How does she know my secret, you wonder. After a while you hear Nat calling out.

~Natasha~
I had left Heather with Y/N which I hoped wasn't a mistake as I had to train some of the new recruits who came in last week. Helping me out was my best friend (besides Y/N) Clint. We had been through so much together.

After 2 hours of hard work I head back to the room. It's empty. "Heather? Y/N?" I call out. Nothing. I look around the room and see a chair under the handle of the bathroom door. I mutter a curse and head over. Removing the chair I open the door and see Y/N in the shower, clothes still on. I kneel beside her concern on my face. "Y/N?" She glances up, it looks like she has been crying but it's hard to tell. I turn the shower off and lay a towel down on the floor and help Y/N get out. I grab the bottom of her shirt getting ready to take it off so she can dry quicker but she shys away. "Y/N you don't need to be embarrassed I'm just trying to get you dry." I tell her. Her already pink face seems to get a little darker and she closes her eyes and gives me a small nod. I take her shirt and shorts off with little resistence, then wrap a warm fluffy towel around her shoulders. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and sit her down on her bed. At that moment Heather walks in, mock surprised on her face. I glare at her but she puts a mask of innocence on and gives some excuse I don't listen to then sits on her bed humming again. Y/N sniffles before standing up and grabbing some clothes and heads to the bathroom again.

~You~
Nat was nice, too nice and it made it so hard. You had realised you were bi in high school when you had fallen for the popular girl. Heaven knows why but you sure as hell didn't. Well the whole school found out and it was disaster, never going to open up again because of that. You have a million thoughts running through your head but you've had a long day emotionally and once you get changed and leave the bathroom you just curl up in bed the rest of the day.

Nat refused to leave your side and pulled up a chair beside your bed and stayed there watching you, much to the dislike of Heather who stormed out half an hour later. Nat leaned down and stroked the hair that had fallen onto you face and tucked it behind your ear. She smiled and said "You shouldn't hide a pretty face like that you know." You felt your cheeks colour and gave your best friend a small smile back.

You seemed to have fallen asleep and you wake up a hand in yours. You look up and see the arm lead to Nat. You release your hand but she has a good grip on it. You wake up properly and hear Nat arguing on the phone.