Chapter 14- Liar, Liar

That afternoon

I was wearing a sapphire blue lace dress with silver floral designs and a thigh-high slit. Some could say that it was a bit much, but hey, I was feeling fancy.

I'd donned diamond earrings and a silver cuff bracelet to go with it because it didn't feel right, going without accessories.

I honestly didn't expect to leave the house that day. It was more of a "make me happy" sort of thing. Apparently, Thor had other plans.

A loud knock came to the manor's main entrance, and in walked none other than Thor Odinson. I was so surprised that I almost forgot that we were friends.

"I am here on a visit," he told a guard. "I wish to see Elin,"

"Won't have to look far for that," I spoke up from across the room. 

"There you are!" he sounded excited to see me. "I was hoping we could spend some time together. Perhaps you have a lounge?"

"Oh, yes," I smiled and led him to our huge lounge. A strange, pit feeling formed in my stomach. I quickly shoved it away and showed him inside, gesturing for him to take a seat on one of the plush couches and armchairs. When I sat down on one of my favorite couches, he sat down next to me.

"What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

"Well, Mother told me to spend more time with you," he stated. "I had no problem with that, of course, so I came here to find you,"

I nodded in understanding. "Has your father arranged a wedding for your brother?" 

"No," Thor said a bit flatly. "No, not quite yet, though I don't believe he feels the need to,"

"Why is that?" I questioned.

"I'm not exactly sure," Thor said in a rushed tone. "Probably because he isn't going to take over a throne,"

"You don't know that," I joked, elbowing him lightly.

"Actually, I do," Thor replied, smirking. "Because I'm going to be king of Asgard,"

"Gods, I never knew," I quipped sarcastically.

Thor laughed and nudged me gently. I nudged him back harder. When he went to elbow me again, I stood, wandering around the room and searching for a book, preferably one that I hadn't read yet.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Looking for a book," I replied.

"Not while I'm here, you're not," I heard the couch creak behind me as he shifted. "You can read later," 

I felt his arms snake around my midsection from behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder. I got a flash of heat, remembering my dream from the night before. Suddenly, I felt so wrong, standing in his embrace.

"What is wrong, Elin?" he asked softly. "Surely it is nothing I can't fix,"

There is so much wrong. I thought to myself. So much that I don't want to tell you. 

I shook my dream from my mind as best as I could as I replied, "I'm worried about how my mother will react," 

"My dearest, Elin," he slid his hands to my waist, spinning me around to face him. He now looked serious. "If your mother even attempts at putting a hand on you, I will have her sent far, far away from here,"

I glanced down, feeling guilty for lying to him.

"I promise," he said quietly.

"I know you do," I whispered, pulling him into an embrace. He hugged my waist, leading me back towards the sofa and pulling me onto his lap. I sat on his thighs, and he wrapped his arms around my waist and planted tender kisses down my neck. I grinned, then caught myself thinking of Loki.