࿏ 1 ࿏

┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑

[1. A new start]
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"He's hot."

Yeeun giggles from her spot on the bed right next to me. "I know, right?" She exclaims.

I like the Instagram post on the screen, a picture of Yeeun and her new boyfriend, Mark. They have been dating for three months, and now they are finally official.

Sana groans from the other side of the room, sending a glare towards the both of you. "Can you stop being so lazy and help me unpack?"

I shrug, chuckling. "I've unpacked all my stuff already. You only have yourself to blame for bringing so much stuff."

Yeeun pushes herself off the bed, her blonde hair cut in a bob swirling around her petite face. She walks toward our friend, inspecting the stuff she's got left in the moving boxes. A laugh erupts from her as she picks up a dusty flute. "Why'd you even bring this to college? Since when do you play the flute?"

Sana snatches back the instrument. "I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll love it, and I wouldn't have known that unless I brought it."

"Where did you even get it?" I ask, dragging myself up as well. It has been three hours since we first arrived at the little dorm room Sana and I would be sharing, and my stomach was growling impatiently. If only Sana hadn't brought her whole house with her, you could all be at the closest pizzeria right now.

"I found it in the attic when I was looking for photo albums."

"Why would you-"

"Just look!" Her mood changes drastically, and she's now beaming as she holds up a framed photo. "Isn't this so cute?" She shows Yeeun first as she's standing closer to her, and she takes the frame into her own small hands.

She freezes.

"Let me see." I hurry over to them and look over Yeeun's shoulder. It's a picture of the three of you from freshman year of high school.

In the middle was Sana, as usual. Her long, chestnut brown hair looked the same as now, reaching her navel. Despite her young age, you could already tell she was going to grow up into a beautiful woman. She is a natural beauty.

To the right is me. My raven black hair is shoulder length in the photo, my smile big and dark eyes gleaming. I looked disheveled, as if I'd been running prior to the picture being taken, almost a bit wild.

To the other side of Sana is Yeeun, her being the only one who looks completely different. My hair is much longer now than then, and we have all become taller and curvier with aging, of course, but for Yeeun there has been more changes than those who come naturally.