࿏ 5 ࿏

┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑

[5. Cheatolate popcorn ice cream]
┕━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━┙

I had thought that I didn't know the people I heard in Jisoo's living room that day, that I must've just imagined it all. Now I believe otherwise. If Mark is Jisoo's brother — no, he is her brother — that means one of the voices I recognized was his. But the other, I swore that I've heard that exact giggle... and the brown locks I saw through the window...

I don't have more time to ponder about it as Yeeun waves her hand in front of me. "Hello? Earth to Y/n."

I examine her short blonde hair and sigh through my nose. One thing's for certain. It wasn't Yeeun. The thought unsettles me, but it doesn't have to mean anything. Two people can still be friends despite having different genders. I shake my thoughts away and return my focus to my best friend. "Sorry, I was just deep in thought."

She grins. "I noticed that. Got something on your mind?"

"Not really, just an assignment Prof Kwang gave us the other week." The lie slips out so easily and without me even thinking it through. Why did I just do that? I'm instantly wrapt in guilt. If I tell her that I might've seen her boyfriend talking to another girl, that sounds ridiculous. It's not like he's not allowed to talk to a girl that isn't his girlfriend just because he's in a relationship.

But then why do I feel so guilty?

"I get it. My teacher has been giving us these crazy tasks and I can barely keep up with everything. You know what, though?" She drags her cup of tea closer to her on the table and wraps her hands around it as if warming them up. I say nothing, waiting for her to continue. But she doesn't.

"What?" I ask, mentally rolling my eyes.

"The lecture hall is so big y'know, but when we got into the art rooms to start on the assignments I chose a table that's shared between four people and guess who came to mine."

She waits.

"Bob Ross?"

"I wish," she mutters, sipping her hot chocolate. "He's dead though. But one who isn't—Taehyung!"

I put down the cappuccino I was holding. "What?"

"Yep, he's an art major. Didn't you know?"

Well, I haven't really thought about what he's doing now. I knew he was starting uni, but...

I shake my head.

Yeeun tsks at me. "You should pick up the phone and call him sometimes. He's your brother after all."

I scoff, "Say that to him. He hasn't called me either."

"Y/n." She sends me a scolding glare. I turn my head towards the window, ignoring it. "It isn't too late to fix things. Look, no matter how much I fight with my siblings and how much I claim to despise them, it always turns back around. Our siblings are our blood after all. If we can't manage to stick together, what will?"