࿏ 9 ࿏

┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑

[9. Kicked Out]
┕━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━┙

"I did not apply to leave the dorms. My roommate is the one who did. She can't be allowed to do that."

I'm pacing the length of Taehyung's apartment, holding my cellphone so tightly my knuckles are going white. Rage has consumed my body, boiling my blood, but I try to keep myself levelheaded. I need to stay calm and collected until I figure this out.

"I'm sorry, but she gave substantial evidence of your approval. There's nothing to do at this point. If you would like to sign up for the waiting list—"

"What evidence? This is ridiculous."

"I don't have the details at hand, but I could connect with my colleague and return with the information."

I roll my eyes. This isn't something that's supposed to be allowed to happen, it can't be. "Yes, please. I'd like that."

"Great, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"And how long would that be, approximately?"

"My colleague isn't working at the moment. It will take a work-week at the most."

"You mean five days."

"Yes, precisely."

I can barely resist the urge to scream out loud. How am I supposed to wait five whole days? There's no way I can prevent what is happening within that time. By then, Sana's new roommate has already settled in and I've had lost my living space.

"Fine," I seethe, attempting to stay polite for the innocent worker's sake. "Thank you."

I hang up the phone and lean against the back of the couch. What am I supposed to do now? I have to go back to the dorms at some point to collect my stuff, at least. The idea of talking to Sana feels impossible at the moment. How would I refrain from shouting at her face what a total bitch she's being?

And what am I supposed to do in the meantime? Until I get my hands on that 'substantial evidence'. It's obviously forged. I just wonder how well it's forged, and how I can prove that it is. Sana's parents are wealthy. Perhaps they have something to do with this. They certainly have the power to influence people.

The fact that Sana's family is so well off is only making me even more frustrated with her. She knows that I don't have the money to get myself an apartment in this area, and that I have no place to go. No home or loving parents to run back to, and she does.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm just stating facts.

Maybe I am feeling sorry for myself.

Just a little bit.

It doesn't matter. I need to get myself out of this mess, and I don't think I have another choice but to start looking for other places to live. I'm not crashing at my brother's apartment for longer than I have to. It's already awkward as it is.