Chapter 11

''Took you long enough to finish that book'' Lucifer comments as I walk into the library. It kinda feels like he's been waiting for me to come back, as he stands there leaning against one of the bookshelves, and of course he's got yet another book in hand. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's read all of the books in here.

I'm holding the book I spent almost a week reading through. I won't lie, it was the most boring book that I have ever read, and I almost couldn't get myself to read the whole thing. ''Well, uh.. It is a long book'' I tell him.

''Let's be honest, it's a boring book. That's why it took you so long'' He looks up from the book he's reading, and then he actually looks at me.

I move towards a bookshelf, so that I'm shielded from his sight. ''If you knew, then why not suggest me another book?'' I ask him, as I place the book back where it belongs.

''You didn't ask for my opinion on it'' He's right, I didn't even think to ask him. I just needed a reason to stay, and a reason to come back here before he threw me out, or made me walk out.

I let my fingers skim over the long row of books. ''Have you read every book in here?''

''Yes''

I poke my head out from where I'm standing, so I can look at him. ''Every single book?''

''Every page, every word, in every single book in here. That's what I meant by telling you the word yes'' He raises one of his eyebrows at me, as he sees me looking at him.

I roll my eyes at him, and then I disappear from his sight again. If he really had read every book in here, it would have taken him years to have done so. It's a huge collection, and I'm not even sure that I would be able to read them all even if I were to turn a hundred years old.. Just thinking about this makes yet another question pop into my mind, just how old is Lucifer?

I pull a book out, and then I can see him on the other side. He doesn't look old.. But the way he speaks tells me otherwise. His words make him sound old and wise, sometimes he even sounds annoyed because others can't keep up. So just how old is he? I can tell that he's older than me, he looks older but something tells me that it isn't just by a couple of years. If I were to guess who the eldest of the men here was, it would be Lucifer, then Hades and the youngest would be Sebastian.

''How old are you?'' I ask him before I get the chance to think twice.

His eyes moves to mine, quickly making me shove the book I took out back in place, so that he can't see me. ''Almost as old as time itself''

His words confuse me, old as time? What does that mean? ''Which one of you is the eldest?'' I ask him, trying to get a better idea of what he means.

''Hades is''

''Really?'' I can't hide the surprisement in my voice.

I can hear a low chuckle, which makes me remove the book from the shelf again, so I can see the small smile on his lips. It's almost non-existent, but if you look close enough it's actually there. Does this mean that he's finally opening up to me? Letting me see something other than his usual stone cold face, that almost never shows a hint of any emotion other than annoyance.

''He doesn't really seem like it, does he?'' It sounds like he's speaking to himself, as he continues to read the book in his hands. ''You thought it would be me, didn't you?''

Once again I put the book back in place, and then I step out from my little hiding spot. ''Yes I did.. It's just.. You seem more mature, the way you speak, and just the way you are. You also look older than him. Not that it's a bad thing, you're really handsome, it's not like you look like an old ma-''