Chapter 13

I lay with my back against the grass outside, looking up at the weird sky. The book I had picked out yesterday actually turned out to be good, and I spent the whole night reading until the lights from outside began to light up my room. So it's safe to say that I didn't get the sleep I was supposed to get last night. I even finished the book quicker than I had thought I could. So now I'm just lying here, with nothing to do. I think this is the first time I truly feel bored being here. There's still lots of places for me to discover inside the castle, but somehow I don't think I want to see the rest of it. Part of me is scared of what I might find in there, so maybe that's what's holding me back.

A deep sigh leaves my lips, as I try to come up with some kind of idea of what I can do. I don't want to bother Lucifer now, I think it's too early for me to come back after what happened. But I also want to run right up to him, and jump straight into his arms. But that would be weird, wouldn't it? Yes it would be weird for me to do that, yesterday was most likely a one time thing. But I want to make it a thing. I want him to get used to the idea of me popping in every now and then, and then I want him closer to me. Not five feet away from me, as he usually likes.

Maybe I only want to be close to him, because of the fact that he doesn't like being close to others. And maybe it's just because of yesterday's events. I want to make him comfortable with me, and get him to open up more. I like the way he responds to my questions, not like Hades who doesn't give a straight answer or responds to my questions with a question of his own.

And what were those words he had spoken to me, the other day? It wasn't a language I speak, so I have to ask Hades when he comes back. And then I need to tell him that what happened between us can never happen again. It was wrong.. And yet it still felt good. Why is it that doing stuff you know is wrong, feels good? Although I doubt I will get married to a man now after everything. So maybe it's alright? But is it really alright if I think about another man, wanting not only one but both as I share an intimate moment with one..

I shake my head trying to get rid of those thoughts. I turn my head to the side, and then I see a man walk up to me. ''So this is where you're hiding huh'' I squint my eyes to see Hades smiling at me.

''I wouldn't exactly call this hiding'' I turn my head to look up at the sky again.

I can feel him sitting down beside me, and shortly after he begins to play with my long hair. ''You look tired, little one'' He comments after taking a good look at my face.

''I didn't get much sleep''

''Why? Were you thinking too much about me?'' He jokes, making my cheeks blush.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. ''No, I was up all night reading''

''Lucifer gave you another book?'' His voice gets colder, and he lets go of my hair.

Why is that when just the mention of me reading gets him to act like this? Sure I borrow books from Lucifer, and it's only once he actually made a suggestion for a book. The other times I just took one, and told him I would be back once I was done with it. I use my arms to push myself up so I'm sitting beside him, and then I narrow my eyes at him.

''Don't tell me you're jealous''

''I'm not..'' He mumbles, picking at the grass.

''You totally are!'' I laugh at him.

Hades turns his head to face me. ''And so what if I were?''

My heart skips a beat as I think.. What if he truly is jealous? He grabs a hold of my chin, and then he leans in closer, making me hold my breath. ''What did the words you spoke to me the other day mean?'' I ask, trying to change the subject.