Chapter 18

I walk out from the stables, and the first thing my eyes lands on is Lucifer. ''So where have you been off to?'' He asks me, standing with his hands in his pockets.

''I rode up to the hill you showed me the other day'' I answer him, feeling my lips pull into a smile as I get closer to him.

He pulls his hands out from his pockets and cups my cheeks, before carefully placing his lips on mine. I smile against his lips, feeling the small tingles explode in my stomach. I feel him pull his hands away from my cheeks, and then he clasps something around my neck.

I pull back when I feel something cold hit my skin. I look down, and take the necklace into my hands. It's a thin golden chain with a red ruby hanging from it. It kinda reminds me of his ring. ''It's beautiful..'' I say quietly.

Lucifer doesn't say anything as he looks at me, I feel like he's studying my face. All the while his remains the same cold as always. His hand finds my own, and then I feel him lacing his fingers through mine, pulling me inside with him. And just as soon as we step foot inside, he lets go of my hand. Walking away from me, and I can't help but follow after him.

''What's wrong?'' I ask him, sensing that his face isn't just cold and expressionless because of the way he is. It's like there's something bothering him.

He picks a book out from the bookshelf, and then he sits down in front of the fireplace. ''Nothing'' He opens the book, turning to a page in the middle of it and begins reading.

I let out a sigh, walking to where he's sitting. ''Tell me what's wrong, please'' I take the book out of his hands, and place it on the coffee table next to us.

''Hades said some stuff, trying to push me.. Like he always does, but he was right about what he said. Except it's so much more than that..''

''What did he say to you?''

Lucifer looks up at me, his eyes darken a bit if that's even possible from their already almost black color. ''Adelaide, I don't know how to do this.. I don't even know why I let you in. What is it that you are doing to me? I don't feel a lot of emotions, and suddenly you're here, making me laugh, and smile..''

I don't know what comes over me, but I sit down on his lap, making him stop talking for a second. ''And then there's this jealousy I feel.. All because of Hades words. I don't like this, Adelaide. It's like the feelings I turned off so long ago are coming back all at once, and it's too much. I don't know what to do, or how to act. As much as i want to have you close to me, I want to push you away from me too''

''I don't do feelings. I never have, and I thought that I never would. And then you just come here, and you don't even do anything that special, you're just being you. And I don't even know how to explain anything right now, I'm rambling a lot. I don't do that..''

He looks down, and grabs my hand in his. He closes his eyes, leans back and lets out a deep breath. ''I'm sorry.. I don't know where all that came from''

I feel like I shouldn't say anything, like maybe this was something that was supposed to stay inside his mind. So instead of using my words, I kiss his cheek gently then I grab the book he was going to read, and I place it in his hands again. Then I lean against him, watching as he opens the book on the same page as before.

I feel his lips against my forehead, gently pressing a kiss onto the skin there before he goes back to reading the book. And just like that it's like what happened before, didn't happen. It's almost like he hasn't just spoken those words, and I think that is what he wanted. To erase that, and never think of it again. But I think it was sweet, it just shows how confused he is about all this. Maybe he just needs time to adjust, especially if he isn't used to any of this.. Not that I am either, I just know that being close to him makes me feel happy.