Chapter 17

Waking up today feels.. Different. But different in a good way. My head is resting on Lucifer's chest, and while I'm listening to his steady heartbeat I begin to trace one of the many scars on his body. I feel his fingers starting to move in circles on my bare back, sending shivers down my spine. ''Normally I hate when people get too close to me.. But I think I like having you close'' His voice is deeper and raspier than usual, making butterflies appear in my stomach.

''You know a simple good morning would've been good right?'' I smile.

He gently pushes me off him, making me lay flat on my back as he buries his face in the crook of my neck, planting a soft kiss there. ''What have you done to me Adelaide..'' He mumbles against my neck.

''What do you mean?'' I ask him, running my fingers through his soft hair.

''I keep trying to keep my distance from you, and look where that's gotten us'' He spreads my legs apart, laying in between them while using his arms to support himself, making him hover above me. I blush a deep red as I feel him against me, the only thing between us is our underwear. ''I'm lying here in bed with you, half naked.. I made the mistake of letting you get close, and now I.. For once in my life i don't know what to do'' He looks like he's thinking about a thousand things all at once.

''You don't need to do anything.. Just stay here with me'' I say quietly, brushing his hair back with my fingers.

I try to move a little, but he quickly grabs hard onto my hips. Making me stay still underneath him. After a small moment, he rolls off me and moves to sit on the end of the bed. Giving me a sight of his toned back that's also covered in scars. ''I need time to think, I can't think straight with you around me.. Especially not when you look like that'' How is it that his entire attitude can change in less than a second?

I crawl up behind him, placing my arms around him. ''You don't need to think, stop overthinking everything.. Just, follow your heart'' I place a kiss on his shoulder, letting my lips linger on his skin for a few seconds.

I take the soft blanket, and wrap it around us while also wrapping my legs around him from behind. He closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath before relaxing into me. ''I..'' He uses his hands to peel me off him, and then he gets up from the bed. Opening his closet to take out a new suit to wear. ''I promise to come back..'' He says as he starts getting dressed.

I wrap the blanket tighter around my body, feeling my heart drop at the words of him leaving. I look down at my lap, suddenly feeling stupid for thinking that he would actually stay here with me.

Lucifer comes to stand in front of me, kneeling down. ''I need to check up on some things, I haven't spent this much time away before.. I need to see if they're about to rip each others throats out''

''Then take me with you'' I almost beg him, looking up from my lap to look at him.

''No''

''Why not, it was an accident, wasn't it? I shouldn't have interfered, if I hadn't done that then I never would've gotten hurt'' I could have gone away when Hades first told me that I shouldn't be there, and even after I should've just stayed away from the two when they began their heated argument.

Lucifer grips my thighs hard. ''I won't let them near you, Adelaide. Do you understand'' I turn my head to the side, looking away from him. ''I will be back by tonight, I promise. Alright?''

''Fine''

I hear him sigh, and then he turns my head with his hand. Then he leans in and kisses me, a soft kiss like he's scared I might break from his touch.

Satan/Sebastian's POV