Chapter 14

My neck feels a little bit stiff as I try moving it around. Slowly I blink my eyes open, but it's dark in here, only the soft fire from the fireplace seems to be the only thing lighting up the room. I push myself up and into a sitting position, making the blanket fall to my lap. This isn't my bedroom.. I look confused around, trying to make my tired brain work properly again. And then I notice the bookshelves, and then I know. I'm still in the library. I must have fallen asleep here earlier after my little, outburst? If i can even call it that. I think I was just feeling flustered and embarrassed by the way my body and my mind were reacting towards Hades. But I would've thought that Lucifer would have found some way to get me out of here.

The sound of a piano can be heard, pulling me out from my thoughts. I get up from the couch I had slept on, and make my way towards what I guess is the back of the library. This is the first time wandering this far into this place, I always kept to where I could actually see the doors. But this sound.. I can't help but wonder who it is. A door, half open, is in front of me, stopping me from taking another step. It's most likely Lucifer on the other side, and this seems like his private quarters.. Would he be okay with me entering it?

Before I get myself to start overthinking, I hold my breath and then I push the door open. Lucifer's fingers hover just a little above the piano as he hears the door, signaling that he obviously noticed me. And then, as if he just doesn't care about my presence here. He simply just begins to play again.

I feel like I'm being pulled towards him, as my legs start to move into his direction. I slowly sit down beside him, watching how his fingers move expertly against the piano. As I lean my head against his shoulder, I feel him tense up for a little before letting out a cough. He suddenly stops playing, and I can literally feel his eyes on me. I turn my head to look up, and just as I suspected he's looking down at me.

''What is it that you want from me, Adelaide?'' He looks at me with his usual stone cold expressionless face, but his eyes hold a softness in them.

''I want to know you'' I tell him, watching how his cold facade slips up for a second.

He looks away from me, and down at the piano. ''You should go to bed'' He mumbles, and then he begins to play again.

''Is it really that bad, that I want to know everything there is to know about you?'' I ask him, almost sounding desperate for answers.

''Is the attention you're getting from Hades not enough anymore, or is it because you found out you like the attention a man can give you?'' His voice is cold, and I feel myself flinching away from him with the words he speaks. ''If you want someone to play with, go find him or Satan. Because I don't care, and I don't want you here''

Like the attention a man can give me? Does he mean.. He probably does, and I bet he's disgusted by me and my actions. But how would he even know about what had happened between Hades and I. Unless he looked inside my mind, but when did he do that? Was it when I was asleep? And was the stuff I had done really that wrong? I know I feel bad about myself and my actions, but now.. I feel even worse about it than before.

I feel my eyes starting to tear up, and a big lump forming in my throat. ''I.. I'm sorry..'' I whisper, quickly standing up and turning around to walk out of the room again.

I try blinking the tears away, but instead they begin to fall. I run out of the library as fast as my bare feet can carry me, and I keep running until I come to an unfamiliar dark hallway. I stop running, and then I slide down against the stone wall, until I hit the floor. I pull my legs towards my chest, and then I rest my head against them. And then my tears flow freely, as I sit here in the dark.

''Addy, what are you doing here?'' Why is it that he seems to be everywhere.

''Please, just leave me alone'' I say quietly in between the sobs.