Chapter 27

''I don't know what to do..'' I mumble, looking down at our intertwined hands.

I feel Hades' lips against my forehead. ''You don't have to do anything at all. Just let me love you'' I look up at him, slowly nodding my head. He smiles down at me, as he begins to lean down. My heart picks up speed again when I feel his lips against my own.

I close my eyes. I move my lips against his, trying to match his movements. His hands roam slowly around my body, as if he's trying to memorize the curves of my body. Without realizing it, I move my body closer against his. I feel him smirking against my lips, before he bites my bottom lip. His hands move down to my thighs, lifting me up. And then I feel my back hit the wall, making me open my eyes. Hades looks at me and lets out a chuckle, before he moves his head close to my neck. Trailing small kisses down the skin there.

He moves his hands underneath my dress. My eyes close again, as I feel his fingers slowly move up my thighs, while his lips find mine again. And then I suddenly feel something very hot against my inner thigh, making me wince. I move my arms down to his chest and push him a little. ''Hades! That hurts''

''I'm sorry..'' But the look on his face tells me he is far from being sorry. He's got that spark in his eyes again, and that devilish smirk on his lips. ''I just couldn't help myself'' His voice gets low, and just as he's about to kiss me once more. I turn my head to the side, making him kiss my cheek instead.

''Hades, what did you do?'' I reach down between us, trying to lift some of my dress up. Only to hear him let out a groan. His hands tighten on my thighs.

''Adelaide, stay still'' I look up at him, watching him stare me down. He walks us towards the bed, and places me down on it. Slowly he lifts my dress up, revealing my now red thigh. And the letter H, burned into my inner thigh.

My lips part, and I widen my eyes a bit. ''You burned me, why would you do th-'' Hades lips is on mine, but it's only for a second or two before he pulls away again.

''Would it make it better if I marked an A onto my skin?..'' His fingers rub over the sore spot on my thigh. ''You can even do it yourself if you want to'' He lifts his shirt over his head, and throws it to the side. With the hand that isn't rubbing my skin, he makes a small dagger appear, and hands it out for me to take.

I frown at him, grabbing his hand with both of mine. ''Why?'' I take the dagger out of his hands, placing it beside me on the bed. He rests his head on my lap, blowing air on the H he just burned into my skin, while trailing the letter with one of his fingers. And then I get it. He wanted to mark me as his own, but instead of branding me in a place everyone could see, he chose a place no one but himself would see.

... Except for Lucifer.

My fingers run through his hair, making him let out a soft sigh. His finger stops moving against my skin, and his breathing gets heavier. He looks up at me, and for the first time I notice how tired he looks. ''Are you mad at me little one?''

''You look tired'' I say quietly, tugging at his hand.

He moves up with me to lay on the bed. ''You didn't answer my question'' He comments, pulling my body close to his.

''You didn't answer mine either'' He smiles at my response, and places a longing kiss on my lips.

''Because you already figured out the answer yourself, isn't that right?'' I don't answer him, instead I cuddle up against him. ''I didn't plan on falling asleep..'' He mumbles.

I move my arm up, so my fingers can reach his hair. ''Go to sleep'' I whisper.

''Promise that you won't leave'' He sounds vulnerable. My eyes find his, and he looks a bit scared.