Chapter 21

I'm sitting on the couch, staring into the fireplace. Wondering what could possibly be so bad that even Sebastian came here himself, just to warn me about staying away from Hades. The last time I saw him, it all ended so badly and I regret reacting that way towards him. I want to tell him that i'm sorry.. But just because I blew up like that at him, shouldn't mean that I should stay away. So what could have happened since there's obviously something wrong? What happened to him? Did he do something maybe?

''Tell me what you did to Marielle''

I close my eyes and lean my head back. ''I don't know what i did.. I just got so angry, and then she just..'' I try explaining myself to Lucifer, but it's hard when i don't even know what i did myself.

Opening my eyes again, I see him standing in front of me. Staring down at me, like he's wondering what to do with me. ''I'm going to block your powers'' He mumbles.

I stand up from the couch, looking up at him. ''You can't just do that! Why can't you just teach me how to control it instead?'' If he had taught me how to deal with this, then I could've blocked Sebastian's memories from entering my mind back then.

He hardens his gaze at me. ''Because I don't want you to end up like me. And I don't want people to come for you.. Now let me do this, it's going to hurt a bit-''

''No''

His eyes closes, and he lets out a sigh. ''Fine, then come with me''

''Where to?'' I ask, feeling a bit surprised that he changed his mind so quickly about this.

But he doesn't answer me, instead he just takes my hand in his and pulls me with him outside. Where two horses are standing, ready for us to ride. He lifts me up, and places me on the saddle of the white horse. Then he gets on the black horse, and starts riding away from me. So I quickly follow after him.

I recognize the path we're taking is the same one, as the day he finally told me about himself. And once again he stops at the same tree as that day, getting off the horse and letting it grass. Before he comes over to me, and lifts me back down like I'm some kind of helpless child.

Once my feet are on the ground, he still keeps his hands on my waist. I look to the side, and see a blanket spread on the grass, just underneath the tree. A little basket is there too, my lips pull into a smile as I realize this was the reason he was gone when I woke up earlier. ''Did you do this?''

He doesn't answer me right away, instead I feel his fingers turn my chin back so I look at him once more. And then he places a kiss on my lips, it's a short sweet kiss, but he lets his lips linger for just a moment longer before pulling back again. He pulls me down with him, to sit on the blanket.

So we end up sitting here in nothing but silence, eating a bit and drinking some of the wine he packed in the basket. For him it's probably nice with a bit of silence, especially after what happened today. That, and then there's the fact that he seems to enjoy silence in general. But now it's too quiet for me. I turn towards him, and then I move over to straddle his lap. I look up only to see him looking down at me with a raised eyebrow, he looks a bit taken back by my actions. ''Why don't you have your wings out all the time?'' I ask him.

He turns his face away from me. ''I've gotten used to hiding them''

I reach out to touch his cheek, gently letting my fingers slide over the skin. ''Why would you want to hide them? I think they're beautiful..'' His hand cups my own that's placed on his cheek.

''Because having black wings isn't normal where I come from'' He keeps his answer short, but brings my hand to his lips, pressing a kiss against it. And just as I think this conversation is over, he starts talking again. ''They're usually white, and a bit smaller.. I was the only one born with black ones, and an unstable mind as they liked to call it'' He lets out a low chuckle.

''My mind is unstable, but once they discovered the powers I had.. They wanted to use that for their own advantages, so they praised me just like I was a god like themselves. But in reality, I was just a new tool in order to gain more power, more control''

I frown a bit at him. ''But what about Hades? Does he use you too?''

Lucifer looks directly into my eyes. ''No, he never has.. Not like his brother''

''So Hades.. He's the good one then?'' I ask.

''We all have our flaws Adelaide.. But Hades is far from being the good brother. I wouldn't trust him with most things, and I especially wouldn't trust him around you'' His eyes glow a faint red, if I weren't so close to him I probably wouldn't be able to see it. So this must mean me mentioning Hades made him a bit upset.

I bite my bottom lip as I try to come up with something, something that won't upset him further. ''Do you ever talk to them? The ones you grew up around?''

''They've given me many names after I.. Left.. Some call me a fallen angel, lost to the darkness. Others like to call me the devil, I think that speaks for itself. So no, I don't have contact with any of them anymore. If I did it would either be because they needed my help, or they wanted to kill me'' His eyes grows more red, right until they reach a bright red color.

''I'm sorry for upsetting you.. I didn't mean to do that'' I look down at our intertwined hands.

''You didn't upset me, Adelaide''

I look confused up at him. ''But your eyes..''

He smiles at me, a genuine smile. ''If you hadn't already realized it, my eyes don't just change to red when I'm angry.. They change if I lose control because of my emotions, good or bad''

''But you're about to lose control?'' I ask, frowning a bit at him.

''Yes, I am''

''But why?''

''Because you don't look at me like they did. You look at me with love in your eyes'' I blush at his words.

''How are you not afraid to lose control?'' I ask, trying to change the subject.

He chuckles at my obvious attempt at changing the subject. ''I never said I wasn't afraid.. The moment we should be afraid is the moment my wings appear, that means I don't have enough self control back to hide my true form''

''But, I like your wings'' I say quietly.

He lets go of my hand, and moves his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. So close that our chests are touching, and I'm able to feel his fast heartbeat against me. He leans his forehead against mine, his lips barely touching my own. ''In fact, I like everything about you Lucifer..'' I whisper, before I kiss him.

I move my arms up around his neck, pulling a bit at his long hair as I deepen the kiss. But it feels like he's trying his hardest not to let this go any further, so just as I feel him trying to pull away, I move my body with him. Keeping my lips against his as I do so.

And then Lucifer falls backwards, with me on top of him. I try to keep kissing him, but I end up laughing against his lips. I look down at him, to see his eyes slowly turning back to their dark color. He smiles at me, before he bursts into laughter himself.

Welcome to hellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें