EPISODE 1

WARNING ⚠
All stories posted here is the  exclusive intellectual property of ewatomi abiodun. No unauthorised reproduction on any media is allowed without the empress permission of the writer. Kindly take note and be guided.  Thanks for your support.

NOTE: The episode is half edited for now . Please make sure to click the vote button down below before you read , it really means a lot to me 🙏 . Don't also to comment down your thought on this episode and invite your friends and family to follow me and read my story . Thanks in advance🙏. May God bless you as you do so 🙏♥️.

RED FLAGS

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 1

Once in a lifetime, every lady always has the thought or fantasy of getting married to their prince charming and having this extravagant wedding. When a lady is at the age of 16 -20, we see marriage as no big deal because in our mind, we are still little and still have a lot of time ahead of us so we believe is going to come naturally as we grow older since we are still young. Society as tagged we women as a timeline (laugh) like seriously, when a lady is in her teens. We believe she is not ripe of age to get married and when a lady is in her 20's even her parents start asking her if she has a boyfriend when they noticed she's secretive. When she clocks 25yrs  upward, everyone starts expecting marriage from her. When she is over 30yrs, we tagged her as someone who is not serious... When she's over 40yrs, we start telling her she has a spiritual problem and when she's over 50yrs, we believe she is old and out of getting married again.

The pressure to get married is especially strong for women in their 20s and 30s. All the single girls probably have heard “it’s time to settle down already!” from a nosy relative, family, and friends, and girls in relationships hear, “when are you going to tie the knot??” all too frequently. Loved ones often have expectations of when we should get married and who we should get married too and I wonder why this women took to the race and ended up getting married to the wrong person. I kept asking myself "Are they going to be in the marriage with you?, Why the rush when you are the only one going in there ?" I thought to myself as I sat on my bed scrolling through my news feed on Instagram before I call it a day.

I heard a knock on my door and I knew is no other person than my Mom. She came inside and sat on my bed as I greeted her with my face still glued to my phone watching a funny skit.  She cleared her throat trying to gain my attention and said:" Anisha, when are you tying the knot with Suleiman?" .I paused the video I was watching and raised my head up  giving her my whole attention and said: "Mummy, you better don't give yourself hypertension about me because I will get married when the right time comes".

Let me give myself hypertension o, You are no longer getting young..... I cut her short and said:" I am still 25yrs Mummy so I am still very young " I replied her back and pick up my phone. She yanked my phone from me angrily and said:" Mo be e soro, o fe ma fi mi te phone"  (I am talking to you and you still want to press your phone ).

"Mummy! What did you want me to do ? Am I Suleiman who hasn't propose to me yet? Do you want me to propose to him myself " I asked her with a sarcastic tone? I don't why am suddenly put under pressure by my mum to get married maybe because am her only child.  This topic has constantly been what always cause a rift between us anytime it came up.

"Mummy, I am going to work tomorrow and I would love to take my sleep now so I can wake up very early, " I told her and laid on my bed turning my back at her.  She spanked my buttocks and walked out of my room angrily while I heave a sigh of relief. My relationship with Suleiman is what most people call the perfect and beautiful one.  I could still remember clearly how we both met because it was something we always talk and laughed about anytime we both remember. I met Suleiman in my undergraduate days when I went to the nearest GTbank not far from my hostel to complain about why they had to deduct a whole 200 nairas in the only 1,000 nairas I had left before my Mum send me money the following week and Suleiman was the customer care service attendance who attended to me.