EPISODE 5

Please don't forget to click the vote  button before you read. Thanks 🙏💗

RED FLAGS

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 5

My phone alarm woke me up from my sleep and I was so surprised I slept off on the couch all through the night. I checked the time clock on my phone and it was 5:30 am I got up from the couch and went into my room, I pull off my dress I wore the previous day, and went into the bathroom to take my bath. After I was done bathing, I observe my morning solat and get dressed for work. I am not an early eater likewise my mum so I prepared a tea for both of us with two slices of bread.  I left my mum's own on the dining table because she used to take a lot of time when observing her solat.

After I was done with my breakfast , I headed to my mum's room to inform her that am going to work and I heard her praying silently on her praying mat that :" God, please open Anisha's eyes so she can see Gabriel is the right man for her ". I smiled and shook my head at her tactics because I knew for sure she intentionally said that when she heard my footsteps. I greeted her "Good morning" and inform her am going to work, she stood up from her praying mat and shower me with prayers as she normally does every morning and trusts her, Gabriel name was included in the prayer this time around.

After she was done praying for me, she sat down on her praying mat and continue reciting her prayer using rosary and I take that as an excuse to leave. I headed to the door entrance with my handbag hang around my shoulder and left. I got to work around 7:10 am and headed to my office after I marked my attendance at the security office. I went into my office and dropped my bag on my table as I arranged the files on them. Bimpe has not arrived yet so I help her in arranging the scattered files on her table and clean her seat which was dusty due to the dust when the cleaner was sweeping our office.

I was on my seat strolling through my Facebook newsfeed  when Bimpe came in.  She was so excited to see me, I stood up and hugged her as we exchanged pleasantries. She dropped her bag on her table with her lunch box and came back to my table and I knew what she is about to ask me.

"Babe, how was your date ?" She asked me with a grin on her face as she sat on my table.

" It was fine " I replied her back nonchalantly and she gave me the look of " what's is that reply for" as the grin on her face disappeared.

" Please don't tell me you got stood up on your date?" She asked expressing her concern.

" Not at all babe, it would have been better if I was stood up on my date than what I encountered" I replied.

" Stop beating around the bush and tell me what happened Anisha. You are putting me in a suspense already " she told me and I sighed heavily as I narrated everything that happened on my date to her and she looked at me with her mouth agape in shock. I can't believe this at all, that's too much on a first date for crying out loud . What are you going to do now ?" She asked me.

" I honestly don't know Bimpe, I am confused right now. His mother will be the dictatorship of our marriage if I eventually married him. I had to switch off my cell phone yesterday because I don't want to talk to him. Who knows the type of questions his mother will ask him to ask me this time around. I don't know what to do right now.  I have come to learn something that the little sign you ignore at the beginning of your relationship will be the big issue of your marriage. I have heard a lot of bad tales about Mama's boy and that alone scares me. What should I do Bimpe? My mom is on my neck already that I had to marry him but I don't want to make the same mistake she made. My mom got married twice and those two marriage didn't work out that she ended up being a single mother of one. My dad was a chronic drunker and that was what attracts my mum to him in the first place and that was also the cause of their failed marriage.